U.S. ARMY CHEMICAL CORPS
Distinguished Member of the Corps
Colonel John A. Mojecki
Colonel John A. Mojecki was born on 14 November 1930. He was one of the primary contributors to the first major study, based on the Arab-Israeli War of 1973, which led to the reestablishment of the Chemical Corps.
Colonel Mojecki’s role in the revival of the Chemical Corps was so critical that he was dubbed “The Godfather of the Chemical Corps.” He oversaw the development and fielding of two of the Army’s primary detection and warning systems: The M8 Alarm and the M256 Chemical Detection Kit. At TRADOC HQ, he established the First Chemical Systems Program Review at Fort McClellan. Assisted in the reestablishment of the Chemical School at Fort McClellan and the establishment of the Force Development, Test, and Experimentation program, which became the Combined Arms in a Nuclear / Chemical Environment (CANE) series of tests.