Please review the following information to determine if you need a pass. In most cases, those coming for graduations don't need one unless:
1) You are flying into or out of the Forney Army Airfield/Waynesville-St. Robert Regional Airport or are staying at the on post hotel (Candlewood Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Foster Lodge, or Warrior Lodge)
2) You plan to enter post before family day or after graduation day
3) You are not a US citizen
IMPORTANT REAL ID ACT INFO: Beginning 1 June 2023, Fort Leonard Wood will no longer accept for access purposes, state issued driver licenses (DL) or state issued IDs that do not meet the Real ID Act of 2005 standards. Person(s) requesting access with a non-compliant state DL or ID will need to present, along with the non-compliant DL/ID, one of the documents below to prove identity to be issued a pass or given access to Fort Leonard Wood.
• US passport or passport card
• Certified birth certificate (not a photo copy)
• Social Security Card (not a photo copy)
• School identification card with photograph (high school and college age students)
• US military or draft record (DD Form 214)
• US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
• Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
• US Native American tribal document
• NEW VA health card
• Permanent Resident Card/Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
• Foreign passport with a temporary (I-551) stamp or temporary (I-551) printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa
• Foreign passport with Form I-94 or Form I-94A bearing same name as passport and containing an endorsement of the alien’s nonimmigrant status, as long as the endorsement has not expired and proposed employment is not in conflict with restrictions or limitations identified on the form.
Visitor(s) requesting access without a REAL ID Act compliant form of identification or cannot provide supplemental identity proofing documents as listed above are subject to denial of access. All persons requesting unescorted access will continue to be vetted through the National Crime Information Center, prior to being issued an installation pass.
Digital driver's licenses or identifications are not accepted and cannot be used as a form of identification for the purpose of identity vetting to gain escorted or unescorted access to Army Installations. Driver's licenses and Identification cards presented for gaining access to Army Installations must be a valid State issued physical document/card.
VEHICLE INFORMATION: Visitors driving on post must have on hand: current insurance and registration for you vehicle. If you are renting a car, you are still require to have proof of insurance. This can be a personal insurance card for a vehicle you own, or you can purchase the insurance the rental agency offers (normally known a PAI; Personal Accident Insurance).
PRIVATELY OWNED FIREARMS: Anyone wishing to bring or store a Privately Owned Firearm on Fort Leonard Wood for authorized legal activities must properly register the firearm. Military members and their family members residing on the installation must register all firearms upon arrival. All military members regardless of rank must have the firearms registration form signed by their current unit Commander. Click here for more information.
FOR US CITIZENS:
Show your state issued license or ID at the gate, state why you are here. It is a good idea to know your service members unit and event location. Visitors 17 and younger are not required to show an ID.
Digital driver's licenses or identifications are not accepted and cannot be used as a form of identification for the purpose of identity vetting to gain escorted or unescorted access to Army installations. Driver's licenses and Identification cards presented for gaining access to Army Installations must be a valid State issued physical document/card.
If you wish to enter post PRIOR to family day or AFTER graduation, or stay at the on post overnight during your stay (on post hotel). You will need valid identification, a copy of the hotel reservation (if staying in a hotel on Fort Leonard Wood), pass the background check and each person in your party age 18 and over must complete this process before passes will be issued. Person(s) with criminal history determined during the background check may be denied unescorted access to Fort Leonard Wood, regardless of hotel reservations.
FOR NON US CITIZENS (TO INCLUDE RESIDENT ALIENS):
If you, or anyone else in your party, 18 or over, are NOT a US citizen, you need to email us the following information to be cleared for entry to Fort Leonard Wood.
Use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your pass will be issued when you arrive at Fort Leonard Wood and your sponsor will be your graduating service member.
Please provide AS MUCH OF THIS INFORMATION AS YOU CAN:
- FULL Name (Last, First Middle)
- FULL Mailing Address
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Sex (male/female)
- Passport number
- Visa number (if applicable)
- Resident alien card number (if applicable)
- US State and driver's license number (if applicable)
- Date entering the United States (if not already here)
- Start date of visit to Fort Leonard Wood
- End date of visit to Fort Leonard Wood
- Unit that is graduating (Usually first line of mailing address; example: A Company 31st Eng.)
- Name of soldier that is graduating