DoD Hotline

DoD Hotline for Fraud, Waste and Abuse reporting:

Telephone: 1-800-424-9098

Postal address:
Defense Hotline
The Pentagon
Washington, D.C. 20301-1900

Identification of writers and callers fully protected.


Who may submit a complaint to an Inspector General?

Anyone, regardless of status, may make a complaint or request information to any Army Inspector General concerning matters of Army interest. There are no pre-conditions for coming to the Inspector General for assistance. However, during normal duty hours, military and DoD personnel must inform their chain of command they are leaving their place of duty. They cannot just walk off the job and fail to inform their supervisors where they are going. After duty hours, they may go to the Inspector General without notifying their supervisors.

An Inspector General will encourage the Soldier or civilian employee to discuss complaint or request for information first with the commander, chain of command, or supervisor as outlined in the Army Regulation 600-20. If the complainant does not wish to do so, the Inspector General will accept the IGAR. If specific redress procedures are available, the Inspector General will teach and train the requestor on using the appropriate, formally established redress process and refer him or her to that process.

How can I receive assistance with my issue?

If you have an issue, utilize your commander's open door policy. AR 600-20, 2-2 states "Commanders will establish an open door policy within their commands. Soldiers are responsible to ensure that the command is made aware of problems that affect discipline, morale, and mission effectiveness; and an open door policy allows members of the command to present facts, concerns, and problems of a personal or professional nature or other issues that the Soldier has been unable to resolve".

Matters inappropriate for IG action or with limited IG involvement:

Redress available through other means. Many situations exist in which either law or regulation provides Soldiers a remedy or means of redress. Soldiers must seek and exhaust the prescribed redress or remedy before an IG can
provide assistance. Once the Soldier has used the available redress procedures, the IG is limited to a review of the redress process to determine if the Soldier was afforded the due process provided by law or regulation. Examples of
situations where specific redress, remedy, or appeals procedures are applicable include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. Courts-martial actions.

2. Non-judicial punishment.

3. Officer evaluation reports.

4. NCO evaluation reports.

5. Enlisted reductions.

6. Type of discharge received.

7. Pending or requested discharge.

8. Financial liability investigations of property loss.

9. Relief for cause.

10. Adverse information filed in personnel records (except for allegations of reprisal).

11. Claims.

What happens if I don't tell the whole truth?

All Soldiers have the right to present complaints, grievances, or requests for assistance to the IG. This includes evidence of fraud, waste and abuse. Moreover, "Department of the Army personnel are prohibited from taking any disciplinary or adverse action against you for those actions." However, if you lie or knowingly make false accusations to the IG, you will be subject to disciplinary action.

What are the Fort Leonard Wood specific uniform standards and policies?

Please refer to Command Policy 18 for current Fort Leonard Wood uniform standards. Your immediate chain of command may also have additional uniform requirements as well.

Where can I find Fort Leonard Wood publications?

Fort Leonard Wood publications can be accessed through the Fort Leonard Wood website.

How can I receive assistance with nonsupport of family members?

AR 608-99 outlines the responsibilities for the Soldier and Soldier's commander. There are two ways to receive assistance:

1. Contact the commander directly. Call the post operator at (573) 596-0131, if you know the unit.

2. Contact the IG and we will refer it to the commander.

IG Request Form

IG Sharepoint (CAC required)

If you are looking for OIP checklists, inspection reports, leaders guides or other documents distributed by the MSCoE and FLW IG office as well as links to more information.