Recycling in the right container
Keeping it clean on JBLM
Do you need a container? Please contact: 253-477-2988.
JBLM Recyclables are sorted by hand. Keep it clean! No trash, needles or glass.
JBLM recycles oil
Please call Environmental Services for further information: 253-967-4786.
THE JBLM RECYCLING CENTERS ON MCCHORD AND LEWIS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
REGULAR SCHEDULED RECYCLING SERVICE WILL CONTINUE ON JBLM FOR UNITS, ORGANIZATIONS AND HOUSING RESIDENTS. CONTACT LEMAY FOR QUESTIONS: 253-875-5886.
LINCOLN MILITARY HOUSING: FOR BULK PICKUP, ANY REFUSE OR RECYCLING QUESTIONS IN HOUSING: 253-912-3500 DURING BUSINESS HOURS. LINCOLN MILITARY HOUSING WEB PAGE
- JBLM Refuse & Recycling Information
JBLM recycles as much as possible in an effort to protect the environment, to meet the Department of Defense goals by diverting non-hazardous solid waste from landfill disposal, and to wisely steward financial and natural resources by minimizing waste. These efforts combined will sustain resources allowing JBLM to be a premier training installation well into the future.
Due to COVID 19, the local refuse and recycling services are constantly changing. Please call these locations first for hours, to make sure they are open, and you are eligible to use them. Below is a short list of transfer stations that take recyclables, refuse, large item, and household hazardous waste.
- Tacoma Landfill, 3510 S. Mullen St., Tacoma WA 98409
Phone: 253-591-5418 (www.cityoftacoma.org)⚠
- Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center, 2420 Hogum Bay Rd NE, Lacey WA 98516
Phone: 360-867-2912 (www.co.thurston.wa/solidwaste)⚠
- Hidden Valley Landfill, 17925 Meridian St. E., Puyallup WA 98375
Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, NW Furniture Bank, St. Francis House, and other local organizations can accept donations in good condition. JBLM is in Pierce County:
- Pierce County: https://www.co.pierce.wa.us/1520/donations ⚠
- Thurston County: www.co.thurston.wa.us/solidwaste/index.html ⚠
Connect with ‘JBLM Buy, Sell, or Trade’ and ‘JBLM Buy Nothing’ groups to reduce, reuse and recycle!
Please plan your activities which involve the refuse and recycling support. Customer Service Agreements shall be processed every Thursday. Delivery of containers can take up to five business days after processing. Please note, JBLM tenants Army and Air Force active duty units have priority.
- For regular service of refuse and recycling containers, contact LeMay at 253-875-5886.
- Refuse and Recycling containers are available for use in the cantonment, training areas, and for special events. Questions? Call 253-477-2988.
- Allow up to five (5) days for container delivery after approval.
- All requests must be submitted in writing using Customer Service Request via email to email@example.com
- For Housing residents, please contact your housing office directly.