Recycling in the right container
Keeping it clean on JBLM
Do you need a container? Please contact: 253-477-2988.
JBLM Recyclables are sorted by hand. Keep it clean! No trash, needles or glass.
JBLM recycles oil
Please call Environmental Services for further information: 253-967-4786.
FJBLM recycles as much as possible in an effort to protect the environment, to meet the Department of Defense goals by diverting non-hazardous solid waste from landfill disposal, and to wisely steward financial and natural resources by minimizing waste. These efforts combined will sustain resources allowing JBLM to be a premier training installation well into the future.
Corporate Waste Solutions is the JBLM Recycling contractor: 253-982-3451. Please call for service on full recycling containers, to request a container, or if you have questions about what is recyclable.
JBLM Recycles recommends donating large items such as furniture to the JBLM thrift stores, or through an online site such as a "Buy Nothing" group.
Household Hazardous Waste and paint can be accepted by DPW Environmental Services if you live on JBLM. Please call 253-967-4786 for more information. If you live off-base, please take Household Hazardous Waste to a local county collection site.
Any questions about recycling, ask us! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions handout.
Local transfer stations can take extra recyclables, refuse, large items, and household hazardous waste.
- Tacoma Landfill, 3510 S. Mullen St., Tacoma WA 98409
- Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center, 2420 Hogum Bay Rd NE, Lacey WA 98516
- Hidden Valley Landfill, 17925 Meridian St. E., Puyallup WA 98375
REFUSE & CONTAINERS
Please plan your activities which involve the refuse and recycling support. Customer Service Agreements shall be processed every Thursday. Delivery of containers can take up to five business days after processing. Please note, JBLM tenants Army and Air Force active duty units have priority.
- For regular service of REFUSE containers, contact LeMay at 253-875-5886.
- For regular service of RECYCLING containers, contact Corporate Waste Solutions: 253-982-3451.
- Refuse and recycling containers are available for use in the cantonment, training areas, and for special events. Questions? Call 253-477-2988 (Refuse) or Recycling 253-377-6110.
- Allow up to five days for container delivery after approval.
- All requests must be submitted in writing using Customer Service Request via email to email@example.com.
- For Housing residents, please contact your housing office directly.
Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, NW Furniture Bank, St. Francis House, and other local organizations can accept donations in good condition.
- JBLM residents are in Pierce County, check out the options for recycling via Pierce County Solid Waste website.
- Thurston County Solid Waste website has many option for recycling and donation locations.
- Connect with on-line groups such as ‘JBLM Buy, Sell, or Trade’ and ‘JBLM Free’ or "JBLM Buy Nothing" groups to reduce, reuse and recycle!
THE JBLM RECYCLING CENTERS ON MCCHORD AND LEWIS ARE OPEN TO AUTHORIZED USERS ONLY: MILITARY UNITS, JBLM ORGANIZATIONS, UNACCOMPANIED HOUSING RESIDENTS (BARRACKS PERSONNEL), AND PERSONNEL WITH PCS ORDERS.
DO NOT BRING YOUR OFF-BASE RECYCLING TO JBLM. PLEASE USE THE LOCAL TRANSFER STATION, OR OFF-BASE RECYCLE CENTER. TRASH CANNOT BE BROUGHT TO THE RECYCLING CENTERS.
- LEWIS RECYCLING CENTER IS OPEN: TUES-SAT, HOURS 7:30 am-4:00pm., 253-966-6230.
- MCCHORD RECYCLING CENTER IS OPEN: TUES-SAT HOURS 7:30am-4:00pm, 253-982-3451.
LIBERTY MILITARY HOUSING: ANY REFUSE OR RECYCLING QUESTIONS IN HOUSING: 253-912-3500 DURING BUSINESS HOURS. LIBERTY MILITARY HOUSING WEB PAGE