AFAP on Joint Base Lewis-McChord
Armed Forces Action Plan (AFAP) program on JBLM is inclusive of all branches of the military community in providing the opportunity to influence the quality of life and standard of living. At other installations, Army garrisons, and higher headquarters, the program is known as the Army Family Action Plan (AFAP).
About | Get Involved
Through AFAP, all Service members, retirees, spouses, DA civilians and Family members have a forum to voice concerns and make recommendations for change. This grassroots process identifies and elevates the most significant quality of life issues impacting the military community to senior leadership for action.
TIf you are a Servicemember, retiree, surviving spouse, DA Civilian, or Family Member - Active, Guard or Reserve - you can be part of the AFAP process. For more information, contact AFAP via email.
What Can Submitting an AFAP Issue Do?
Since AFAP was created in 1983, over 714 issues have been submitted, resulting in 129+ legislative changes, 190 Department of Defense or Army police changes, and 212 improved programs or services.
A sample of AFAP results
- Dedicated Special Needs space in Child & Youth Services (CYS)
- Distribution of Montgomery GI Bill benefits to dependents
- Annual leave carryover increase from 60 to 76 days
- Extended education benefits for spouses
- Dental and vision insurance coverage for Federal employees
- Medical coverage for activated Reserve Component Families
- Military Pay Table (targeted pay raises)
- Military Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- TRICARE for Life eligible Retirees
- Funding for Better Opportunities for Single Soliders (B.O.S.S.)
- Active duty Enlisted Soldier compassionate reassingment stabilization
- SGLI increases
- Minimum standards for Army Child Care
- In-State tuition for Military dependents
Feeling empowered? Click the "Submit an Issue" tab to send your AFAP issue to us.
What is an "Active" Issue?
Issues which are currently being worked on at the Department of the Army level are referred to as active issues.
Submit an Issue
There are two ways to submit an AFAP issue:
Submit your issue via the AFAP Issue Management System on ArmyFamilyWebPortal.com
Click the image below to access a PDF Issue Submission Form and email to the JBLM AFAP Coordinator.
**Download the form prior to filling out and submitting.