Illegal dumping is ugly.
Trash goes in the dumpsters. Do not bring your garbage from home to work!
Pack it in and pack it out. Take your trash home!
Dumping or abandonment of refuse or materials on Joint Base Lewis-McChord costs the installation and taxpayers in excess of $500,000 per year. The current semi-annual cleanup program negatively impacts the training of our service members.
Illegal dumping is defined as the improper disposal of waste on Joint Base Lewis-McChord and includes:
- Dumping household garbage in the training areas
- Dumping construction materials in the training areas
- Abandoning junk - vehicles, boats, equipment appliances, anywhere on Joint Base Lewis-McChord
- Bringing off-post household garbage and placing it in Joint Base Lewis-McChord dumpsters
- Dumping housing area garbage in Joint Base Lewis-McChord dumpsters
- Placing furniture into dumpsters
- Improper disposal of recyclable materials in dumpsters
- Improper disposal of hazardous materials in dumpsters