For most up-to-date office closures and information, please visit our Facebook page by clicking on the icon below:
Legal Assistance Office
We provide legal services to Fort Bragg & the local military community.
We are located in the Client Services Office in Wing D of the Soldier Support Center, 1st Floor. If you enter the Soldier Support Center through the main doors, turn left at the information desk and go down the hallway. Client Services will be on your left across from Retiree Services.
The office is closed on Federal and XVIII Airborne Corps training holidays. We also close periodically for military training obligations.
For infomation about family law - please, click on the link above
For additional family law information, please, click on the link above.
The link above (Will and Estate Briefing) provides information on some things you need to know before creating your Will.
You can print the Will Worksheet by clicking on the Will Worksheet Link.
Will Worksheet link.
Advance life directive (living will), health care powers of attorney, and durable powers of attorney are available on a walk-in basis or in conjunction with an appointment.
- Living wills allow you to make decisions about life support
- Health care powers of attorney allow you to name a person to make medical decisions for you if you become unable to make decisions for yourself
- Durable financial powers of attorney allow you to name a person to handle your affairs if you become incapacitated.
If you are represented by a civilian attorney on any matter for which you are seeking legal assistance, you must get a written waiver or letter of consent BEFORE we can speak to you.
The following cases are handled on an appointment basis, for all active duty personnel, retirees, and their family members:
- Consumer Law
- Landlord/Tenant Complaints
- OER and NCOER Appeals
- Line of Duty Investigations
- Identity Theft
- FLIPL Rebuttals
- Name Changes
- Debt Collection/Credit Reporting Problems
- Unsigned Contracts
- Memorandums of Reprimand Rebuttals
- Immigration and Naturalization
- Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Other IAW Regulations
Legal Assistance Attorneys CANNOT provide advice on the following topics: Military Justice Matters, Civilian Criminal Issues, Private Business Activities (including Landlords), Employment Matters (other than USERRA), or Litigation against the United States.