- Latin name Lysimachia asperulifolia
- A member of the primrose family.
- A non-woody plant with loosely grouped yellow flowers at the top of the stem.
- Flowers bloom from late May to early June and smell like bubble gum.
- Bluish-green leaves encircle the stem and grow in bundles of 3 or 4.
- Grows 1-2 feet tall.
Habitat and Range:
- Found in moist areas between dry longleaf pine forests and wet shrubby areas.
- Does not grow well in areas shaded by taller plants.
- Found along the coastal plain of North Carolina and on the sandhills of North and South Carolina.
- Only 58 populations exist in the world, 26 are found on Fort Bragg.
Endangered Species Branch
0-9125 McKellars Road
Fort Bragg, NC 28310
Hours of Operation:
800-430 pm M-F