Are you overseas?

*The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act allows active duty Soldiers and their eligible family members to use the Federal Post Card Application and vote absentee while stationed outside of their local voting residence.

*Your voting residence is the place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home.

*Your voting residence is the state listed on your Leave and Earnings Statement for which state taxes are withheld.

*A spouse does not automatically assume the voting residence of an active duty Soldier upon marriage. A spouse's voting residence may differ from the Soldier’s voting residence.

*You are not covered under the UOCAVA if you have claimed legal residence in the surrounding JBLM area, unless you are stationed overseas or deployed.

Specific state voting information is available at

Your Vote Counts! button

The Voting Assistance Office serves as a Voter Registration Agency under the National Voter Registration Act and provides the following services:

*Provides information on voter registration and the absentee ballot procedures

*Provides material on the voting process, requesting absentee ballot and mailing the completed forms

*Assists all uniformed service members and their eligible family members

*Assists civilians who have access to the Voting Assistance Office with voter registration

*Assists unit voting assistance officers

Voter Information

Voting Residency Guidelines - for military and eligible family members

Absentee Voting FAQs