To provide quality service regarding benefits, entitlements, information and referral to retirees and their families, as well as active-duty Soldiers and their families preparing for retirement. The Retirement Services Office also publishes the Fort Drum Retired Army Newsletter, advises and supports the Fort Drum Retiree Council, develops public support of Army programs and informs the retired community of upcoming events of interest.
Fort Drum Retired Soldiers Newsletter: Summer 2023
All retiring Soldiers must attend the PRE-RETIREMENT & SURVIVOR BENEFITS PLAN (SBP) Briefing.
* Medical (MEB) – 1st, 2nd, 4th (and 5th) Wednesday of the month, 1 to 4 p.m., Clark Hall, Room C1-34
* Longevity (Length of Service) – 3rd Wednesday of the month, 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m., Clark Hall, Room C1-34
Call to reserve your seat. We welcome and encourage spouse attendance.
All Active Duty/AGR/USAR/ARNG Soldiers can access pre-retirement and Survivor Benefit Plan information at the following sites:
FINAL OUT & CLEARING:
Before your final out appointment with the Transition Center, you MUST confirm that you have done the following:
- Completed the Retirement Information Worksheet.
- Attended the Pre-Retirement and SBP Briefing.
- Received retirement and SBP counseling from a certified employee of the Fort Drum RSO.
Failure to do so will delay your out-processing.
RETIREE APPRECIATION DAY
Mark your calendar for the 2024 Retiree Appreciation Day on Sept. 21 at Fort Drum! Watch this space for more information.
AREAS WE SERVE
Fort Dum Retirement Services Area of Responsibility