Mission: Develop and train the Warfighter in networked datalink interoperability concepts and procedures for the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) in order to meet Joint and Coalition Commanders’ enduring and emerging mission needs.
The Joint Interoperability Data Link Training Center (JID-TC) teaches students to plan, establish, and manage the data link interfaces that connect and share a common picture within a Joint Task Force (JTF) and/or functional component HQs with multinational forces and other organizations. JID courses also introduce the student to the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) on advances in networked warfare and emergent capabilities to achieve interdependence and operational effectiveness. The training includes, but is not limited to, Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) prerequisite knowledge and skills for integration and interoperability of Tactical Data Links (TDL) within the Multi-TDL Network (MTN) to contribute to the Common Tactical Picture (CTP) and planning and management of tactical data through gateways or extended interfaces to support the Joint Data Network (JDN). The JID-TC provides operational support to CCMDs, services, Defense Agencies, and coalition partners on the employment, planning, and management of tactical data links.
The JID-TC is a Joint Functional School that falls within the Joint Education and Doctrine Directorate of the J7, Joint Force Development of the Joint Staff. Its physical location is at the Lt Col William G. Hall Training Center (Bldg 718), Pope Army Airfield, North Carolina.
Courses: JID teaches a blend of seven in-residence and distant learning/online courses.
*Denotes the option for Allied Training (AT) course.
- JT-100 - Introduction to Data Links Course (currently suspended)
- JT-101* - Introduction to Joint Multi-TDL Network (JKO-J3O-US1380) – CAC Enabled
- JT-102* - (MAJIC) Multi-TDL Advanced Joint Interoperability Course (2 weeks)
- JT-201* - Multi-TDL Planners Course (2 week)
- JT-220 - Link Unit Managers Course (1 week)
- JT-301* - CAPSTONE- Joint Interface Control Officer Course (JICO) (4 weeks)
- JT-310 - CAPSTONE- Advanced JICC Operators Course (AJOC) (4 weeks)
- JT-401* - Executive Course
- Joint Data Network Staff Course (in development)
FY21 JID Course Schedule
Joint Knowledge Online Course [(J3O-US1380) Introduction to Joint Multi-TDL Network (MTN)] is required prior to the JT-102, 201, and 301/310 course.
Send request via email to JID-TC organization email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference Material List
For general information call DSN 424-7537 or Comm (910) 394-7537
For school quotas and MTT requests call DSN 424-1102 or Comm (910) 394-1102