Frequently Asked Questions
I have been notified that I am deploying. What do I do next?
Regular Army Soldiers: Report to their assigned S1 NCOIC. The S1 is responsible for scheduling the appointment for SRC processing.
ARNG/USAR Soldiers: Report to the Mobilization and Deployment Branch (MDB) at Bldg. 397 Maverick Street, Pope Army Airfield. Inform MDB that you are scheduled to deploy and sign into the green book located at the entrance of the MDB Office. MDB will be responsible for the Mobilization briefing and scheduling of your appointment. If you have any questions regarding the mobilization process, please call MDB at 910-396-0097.
What happens if I miss my appointment?
Regular Army Soldiers: Contact your S1 NCOIC
ARNG/USAR Soldiers: Contact MDB at 910-432-7512 or 910-396-0097
Where is SRC located at?
SRC Site is located at: 183 Maynard Street, Bldg. 307, Pope Army Airfield.
What do I need to bring to the SRC Site?
SOLDIER READINESS CENTER PRE-DEPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. With every deployment requiring a Smallpox and/or Anthrax shot, you must receive the Smallpox/Anthrax briefing and bring the verification memorandum (per USASURG). A Smallpox/Anthrax briefing is held every Thursday at 0630, Womack AMC, ground floor, in the Weaver Auditorium in which you will receive a verification of attendance memorandum. Contact information for alternate briefers and sites is Ms. Crosby or Ms. Williams at preventive medicine at 910-907-9628/910-907-7029.
2. Soldiers must go online to AKO and complete the Pre-Deployment Health Assessment (2795) Survey (PDHA). You must complete the online Survey prior to SRC or you will NOT be authorized to process through SRC. Soldiers, who do not complete the online survey, will be returned to their units.
3. Medical Records with DD Form 2766.
4. Two sets of identification tags and two chains (= two chains and four tags).
5. Review, print, sign, and bring DD Form 93 and SGLV (must be current within the year).
6. If you are a single parent or dual military with children, bring a copy of the family care plan DA Form 5305. If you are dual military, then the form should have signatures of both Commanders and Soldiers. Commanders must include the full signature block (must be current within the year).
7. If the Commander has changed since the last validation of the DA Form 5305, then the form must be accompanied by “assumption of command orders”.
8. If you have contacts, then do not wear them during the SRC process. Instead, please bring two pairs of glasses and inserts with prescription.
9. If you have a current profile, please make sure you bring a copy with you to SRC.
10. If 10 or more Soldiers are processing for Deployment to an area where Malaria is endemic, the unit must designate a Medic/NCO/Officer to draw a bulk order of Anti- Malaria medication. Areas meeting this requirement are Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, Kenya, Eritrea, Somalia, Ethiopia, and Sudan. Contact 910-907-9274, the SRC Pharmacy tech; 910-907-9867 or the SRC NCOIC at 910-907-9846.
11. If the Service member ETS’s or retires within 18 months upon completion of the SRC process, he or she must have a completed DD Form 2648 from ACAP.
12. Soldiers must have documentation of current ANAM testing completed within a year in his or her medical records. To schedule ANAM Testing, please contact 910-396-1085. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday at 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome, however, groups of 10 or more Soldiers need to be scheduled.
13. Soldiers must bring a set of combat ear plugs to validate audiology requirements.
SOLDIER READINESS CENTER POST-DEPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. Soldiers must attend the post-deployment briefing and bring their verification of attendance memorandum with them to the SRC for processing. The briefing is held every Thursday at 7 a.m. at Womack AMC, Ground Floor, in the Weaver Auditorium. Contact (910) 907-8241, (910) 907-9355, (910) 643-1671 at preventive medicine for alternate briefers and sites.
2. Soldiers must go online and complete the Post Deployment Health Assessment Form (2796) Survey (PDHRA)
3. Medical Records with DD Form 2766
4. Do not wear contacts or bring inserts, bring one pair of glasses
5. If 10or more Soldiers are processing for post deployment from an area where Malaria was endemic, the unit must designate a Medic/NCO/Officer to draw a bulk order of Post-Malaria Medication. Contact (910) 907-9274 or (910) 907-9867.
1. With every deployment requiring a Smallpox and/or Anthrax shot, you must receive the Smallpox/Anthrax briefing and bring the verification memorandum (per USASURG). The briefing is held every Thursday at 6:30 a.m. at Womack AMC, Ground Floor, at the Weaver Auditorium. Contact preventive medicine at (910) 907-9628 or (910) 907-7029 for alternate briefers and site.
2. A copy of a completed HIV test with results within 30-90 days.
3. Passport and CAC Card with entitlements.
4. DD Form 2813 completed by a dentist with clear signature, signature block, and address.
5. If your company or DOD agency required you to have a physical, then please bring the results with you to SRC.
6. If Civilians wear contacts, do not wear them. Bring 2 pairs of glasses with prescription. If your company or DOD agency does not require the contractor to have a protective mask or inserts, then you need to bring a memorandum with the company letterhead to SRC stating that it is not a requirement.
7. If you have access to AKO, you must go online and complete the Pre-Deployment Health Assessment (2795) Survey (PDHA).
8. Note: Special medical criteria may apply to individuals 40 years of age or older; see MOD 11 and the PPG (Department of the Army Personnel Policy Guidance for Overseas Contingency Operations). Additional requirements may include labs and other tests. Copies of any tests and results must be hand carried for review by SRC Medical Providers. Please refer any questions to (910) 907-9274.
What do I do upon returning from deployment (ARNG / USAR)?
Report to Mobilization and Deployment Branch (MDB) at Bldg. 397 Maverick Street, Pope Army Airfield. Let them know that you are returning from deployment and sign in into the green book located at the entrance of the MDB Office. Be sure to bring all mobilization pertaining to your current deployment, prior DD214’s/DD215’s, HRC Early Release Memo (if applicable), current DD93/SGLV forms, and your medical records. You must complete the Post Deployment Health Assessment Form (2796) Survey (PDHRA) prior to your scheduled SRC appointment. The completion of your demobilization process will take approx. 5-7 business days. MDB will be responsible for the demobilization briefing and scheduling of your appointments. If you have any additional questions regarding the procedures, please call MDB at 910-396-5463.
What happens if I miss my appointment (ARNG / USAR)?
If you miss your appointment, you must contact MDB at 910-432-7512 or 910-396-0097.
What do I need to bring to the Transition station (ARNG / USAR)?
The transition station is located inside the Soldier Support Center, second floor, Wing B, Rooms 248A and 248B. Be sure to bring all mobilization orders/amendments pertaining to your current deployment, federal awards, prior DD214’s/DD215’s, HRC early release memo (if applicable), current DD93/SGLV forms, wartime service statement (if deployed overseas), any military courses (40hrs or more) taken during this mobilization, promotion orders (if applicable), DA Form 31 (Leave Form), PDMRA calculation.
What happens if I do not provide the required documentation at the time of my appointment?
Your DD214 will be incomplete and you might have to request at DD215 at a later point in time.
When do I receive my final DD214?
You will receive your final DD214 at the Transition station on your separation date or one day prior to your approved leave.