HOW CAN YOU SAVE ENERGY?
- Extinguish the lights when you leave the room.
- Power down your computer and its peripherals when away from your desk for an extended period of time and at the end of the duty day.
- Unplug electronics and appliances when they are not in use.
- Install a power strip or Smart Strip to reduce electrical load.
- Keep windows and doors closed when a climate control system is in operation.
- Use natural lighting when and where possible.
- Keep thermostats set at 78 degrees in the summer and 68 degrees in the winter, in accordance with Army regulations.
- Change your light bulbs to compact fluorescent lights or light emitting diodes. CFLs and LEDs consume only a fraction of the energy consumed by their incandescent counterparts.
- Dress according to the weather conditions and the conditions in your home or office.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and laundry, and wash with cold water when possible.
- Buy Energy Star rated electronics and appliances.
- Use fans to increase air circulation, especially in the summer.
Don't compete for heat handout
JBLM Energy Efficiency, Gain power by using less of it
JBLM Energy Efficiency, Phantom Power
Energy Month articles:
- Day Burner story
- Building Energy Monitor story
- Thermostat article
- JBLM energy monitors save power, taxpayer dollars