Our mission is to provide quality customer service to Soldiers departing Fort Bragg who are preparing to PCS or Transition (ETS, Retire, or other separation) out of the Army.
Out-Processing (OP) Overview
1. The pre-clearance and final clearance stamp issuance are from 0900-1130 and 1300-1600 at Window 1 (Soldier Support Center, 1st floor, across from the ID Card Facility).
2. The duty uniform is required to out-process Ft. Bragg. Exceptions to wear civilian attire must have a memorandum signed by the Soldier's Company Commander authorizing the individual to clear out of uniform.
3. The DA Form 137-2 (Installation Clearing Record) list those agencies specific to each Soldier's clearance requirement. Upon receipt of the DA Form 137-2, additional information will be provided during the out-processing briefing.
Click on the following link to view agencies and their locations that may require individual installation clearance: ""
4. There are six (6) primary steps to out-process the Fort Bragg Installation. Soldiers can't proceed to the next step until the previous step is accomplished.
STEP 1: You must have orders in your possession. Soldiers on assignment to the Drill Sergeant Academy, Recruiting Duty, and Chapters are exceptions. Read your orders as they contain valuable information that addresses your clearance process.
STEP 2: To schedule an appointment, you must visit the Ft Bragg Out-Processing Office located at the Soldier Support Center, 2nd Floor, Wing D, Room 261, Monday - Friday, between the hours of 1300 - 1600.
Note* - You will need an approved DA Form 31 (Request and Authority for Leave) to reschedule an assigned appointment.
STEP 3: On the day of your appointment, you will attend the Installation out-processing briefing and receive clearing papers. The PCS out-processing and finance briefing is from 0930 - 1045; doors open at 0830, and Soldiers are to be in place NLT 0915. The Separation out-processing briefing is from 1100 - 1130; Soldiers are to be in place NLT 1045.
a. Soldiers must have a signed/approved leave form on this date if you didn’t have one during Step 2.
c. The DA Form 137-2 is personalized (Each individual is required to clear only agencies in column 13 that are not already pre-cleared).
d. If your appointment was scheduled via Time-Tap or email, you also must have a copy of your order and all amendments.
a. Clear all specified Activities/Agencies/Places. The Installation Clearing Papers (DA Form 137-2) are valid for 30 days ONLY. You must report to Out-Processing Section immediately if you cannot clear in the allotted time.
b. During your out-processing, you will receive several documents, signatures, and stamps that must be verified, validated, or copied before receiving a final installation clearance stamp from the out-processing section.
STEP 5: Soldiers who are PCSing or separating/transitioning from the military, must return to the SSC to complete their final out-processing on their appointed date. Report to window 1, across from the ID card section, Monday – Friday, from 0900 - 1130 and 1300 - 1600 hrs. Soldiers must have all documents to receive the installation final clearance stamp (PCS) or pre-clearance stamp (separating/transitioning).
a. Soldiers PCSing must sign out with their unit.
b. All Separating Soldiers must report to the Transition Center to get their DD Form 214, then sign out with their unit.
c. Soldiers who are retiring must report to Retirement Services to get their DD Form 214, then sign out with their unit.
5. All Soldiers on reassignment instructions must hand-carry the following documents to their next duty station:
a. CONUS: Up-to-date SGLV Form 8286 (Service Member Group Life Insurance Election and Certificates), DD Form 93 (Record of Emergency Data), and PERSTEMPO.
b. OCONUS: Up-to-date SGLV Form 8286 (Service Member Group Life Insurance Election and Certificates), DD Form 93 (Record of Emergency Data), and PERSTEMPO.
c. OCONUS NON NATO ASSIGNMENT: Up-to-date SGLV Form 8286, DD Form 93, PERSTEMPO, and Anti-terrorism Training Certificate.
d. OCONUS NATO ASSIGNMENT: Up-to-date SGLV Form 8286, DD Form 93, PERSTEMPO, Anti-terrorism Training Certificate, and NATO Travel Orders.