If the DEERS/RAPIDS system malfunctions at any point throughout the day, please be aware that wait times will be longer than normal. Depending on the malfunction, we may be unable to process any ID card transactions until the issue is resolved. Please note that when the DEERS/RAPIDS system goes down, it is normally a worldwide issue and system outages are beyond the control of the ID card facility.
Please monitor the Fort Belvoir Directorate of Human Resources Facebook page for updates on the status.
CDC guidelines state that masks are no longer required to be worn by persons who are fully vaccinated. Masks are strongly recommended in workspaces or patron service areas where 6 feet of separation cannot be maintained.
Latest Update! (06-11-2021)
The Fort Belvoir ID Card Facility has resumed normal services by appointment ONLY.
Regular Schedule: Monday - Thursday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Walk-In Schedule*: Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (last CAC Walk-In at 3:30 p.m.) Closed for lunch daily from 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
*Walk-In Service is for the general public. It is first come, first serve. Expect long wait times.
Due to the high volume of patrons using this location, appointments are consumed quickly. Please monitor periodically for appointment availability and consider utilizing another NCR ID Card Facility.
If experiencing difficulty with scheduling ID card appointments, please try other browsers (i.e., Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.), as there have been technical difficulties which are currently being worked through ID Card appointment scheduler web master.
To minimize the number of non-essential required visits, the following guidance is in effect:
The Under Secretary of Defense recently signed a memorandum dated 2 June, 2021 extending USID Cards that expired between January 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021 through:
Foreign Affiliates and their dependents through August 31, 2021
Dependents of Active Duty Uniformed Service members through October 31, 2021
Reserve and National Guard Service members and their dependents through October 31, 2021
Retirees and their dependents through January 31, 2022
Common Access Cards (CAC) were not extended.
**Please do not procrastinate with ID Card renewals as we do not anticipate further extensions.**
Common Access Cards (CAC)
- CAC transactions will be limited to initial issuance.
- CACs will not be reissued due to printed information changes (e.g., promotions, name changes).
- The policy memorandum, allowing transferring DoD civilian employees to retain their CAC, will be reissued
Uniformed Services ID Cards (USID) such as Dependent and Retiree cards
- If a cardholder's affiliation is unchanged, USID cards that expired on or after January 1, 2020, and on or before July 31, 2021, are authorized for continued benefit use through the above deadlines.
- Termination of cardholder affiliation with the DoD or termination of benefit eligibility will be verified electronically prior to confiscating an expired USID card with an expiration date on or after January 1, 2020, and on or before July 31, 2021.
- The minimum age for initial USID card issuance is increased from 10 to 14 years.
- Service-specific procedures for remote enrollment and ID card issuance are posted on www.CAC.mil/coronavirus, "DEERS Enrollment and USID Card Issuance During COVID-19."
- Replace lost CAC or ID Cards.
- Initial DEERS enrollment.
- Pin resets and initial DEERS enrollment are the only service that will be seen without an appointment. All other services, to include lost cards, require an appointment at this facility. There are other facilities within the NCR that may not require appointments.
Additional information on CAC and USID card issuance and renewal changes is available at www.CAC.mil/coronavirus.
Our Basic Procedures
- Appointments can be made online through the RAPIDS Appointment Schedule. Please click on the "DEERS/ID Card Appointment System" button above, then "ID Card Office Locator & Appointments" to schedule appointments.
- Please monitor periodically for appointment availability.
- Appointments to renew family member ID cards can be made within 90 days of the card’s expiration date. Military ID cards and CACs can be renewed within 90 days of their expiration.
- DD Form 1172-2's may be completed HERE. This is a CAC enabled database that allows you to complete the process for ID Card Replacements for your dependents.
- No food or drinks allowed in office area.
- CDC guidelines state that masks are no longer required to be worn by persons who are fully vaccinated.
Ways to Verify and Update DEERS
• ON-LINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
Visit the DEERS Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)
Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/public/article/2019-04-20-bwe-in-milconnect This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)
• BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)
• BY FAX: Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.
• BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
• IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/. Call the office first to verify location and business hours. Please click on the icon below to make an appointment for the Fort Belvoir DEERS & ID Cards Facility.
Fort Belvoir Passport ServicesThe Fort Belvoir Passport Services Office offers no-fee passport services to:
- Military personnel in special assignment situations
- Family members traveling overseas on orders with spouse
- Government Civilian Employees who are on TDY or accepting a position to a country which requires a passport
Military Personnel Division
9625 Middleton Road
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Applications are processed by appointment only.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday and Wednesday
8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
By Appointment Only
For more information, visit their page Here.