If the DEERS/RAPIDS system malfunctions at any point throughout the day, please be aware that wait times will be longer than normal. Depending on the malfunction, we may be unable to process any ID card transactions until the issue is resolved. Please note that when the DEERS/RAPIDS system goes down, it is normally a worldwide issue and system outages are beyond the control of the ID card facility.
Please monitor the Fort Belvoir Directorate of Human Resources Facebook page for updates on the status.
Schedule: Thursdays from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed for lunch 12 - 1:30 p.m. (last customer before lunch at 11:30 a.m.)
Effective April 17, face coverings are required for entry into the ID Card Facility.
The Fort Belvoir ID Card Facility will continue to operate under regular hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.) by appointment ONLY. To minimize the number of non-essential required visits, the following guidance is in effect through September 30, 2020:
Common Access Cards (CAC)
- The Defense Department has changed the process to allow service members and civilians to temporarily extend the life of their cards. These extended cards that appear expired on their face can continue to be used for access to benefits, including health care and entry to installations and buildings and to systems and networks. Common Access Cards, known as CACs, that expire on or after April 16, 2020, and are within 30 days of expiration can have the certificates updated online using ID Card Office Online to allow for continued use for logical access through Sept. 30. Individuals must extend their certificates before the printed expiration date on their CAC.
- CAC transactions will be limited to initial issuance.
- CACs will not be reissued due to printed information changes (e.g., promotions, name changes).
- The policy memorandum, allowing transferring DoD civilian employees to retain their CAC, will be reissued
- Guidance on downloading certificates to extend validity of current CAC is due to be issued by DoD the week of April 13th
Uniformed Services ID Cards (USID) such as Dependent and Retiree cards
- If a cardholder's affiliation is unchanged, USID cards which expired on or after January 1, 2020, are authorized for continued benefit use through September 30, 2020.
- Termination of cardholder affiliation with the DoD or termination of benefit eligibility will be verified electronically prior to confiscating an expired USID card with an expiration date on or after January 1, 2020.
- The minimum age for initial USID card issuance is increased from 10 to 14 years.
- Continued use of the Reserve USID card to obtain active duty benefits is authorized for mobilized Reservists and their eligible dependents.
- Replace lost CAC or ID Cards.
- Initial DEERS enrollment.
-Pin resets of an emergency nature are the only service that will be seen without an appointment. All other services, to include lost cards, require an appointment at this facility. There are other facilities within the NCR that may not require appointments.
Additional information on CAC and USID card issuance and renewal changes is available at www.CAC.mil/coronavirus.
Our Basic Procedures
- Appointments can be made online through the RAPIDS Appointment Schedule. Please click on the "DEERS/ID Card Appointment System" button above to make appointments.
- Appointments are open 90 days in advance and close when slots are filled.
- Appointments to renew family member ID cards can be made within 90 days of the card’s expiration date. Military ID cards and CACs can be renewed within 90 days of their expiration.
- Due to Covid-19, walk-ins will not be accepted at this time. ID Card/DEERS Services will be by appointment only.
DD Form 1172-2's may be completed Here. This is a CAC enabled database that allows you to complete the process for ID Card Replacements for your dependents.
- No food or drinks allowed in office area.
Ways to Verify and Update DEERS
• ON-LINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
Visit the DEERS Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)
Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/public/article/2019-04-20-bwe-in-milconnect This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)
• BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)
• BY FAX: Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.
• BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
• IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/. Call the office first to verify location and business hours. Please click on the icon below to make an appointment for the Fort Belvoir DEERS & ID Cards Facility.
Fort Belvoir Passport ServicesThe Fort Belvoir Passport Services Office offers no-fee passport services to:
- Military personnel in special assignment situations
- Family members traveling overseas on orders with spouse
- Government Civilian Employees who are on TDY or accepting a position to a country which requires a passport
Military Personnel Division
9625 Middleton Road
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Applications are processed by appointment only.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday and Wednesday
8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
By Appointment Only
For more information, visit their page Here.