If the DEERS/RAPIDS system malfunctions at any point throughout the day, please be aware that wait times will be longer than normal. Depending on the malfunction, we may be unable to process any ID card transactions until the issue is resolved. Please note that when the DEERS/RAPIDS system goes down, it is normally a worldwide issue and system outages are beyond the control of the ID card facility.
Please monitor the Fort Belvoir Directorate of Human Resources Facebook page for updates on the status.
Our Basic Procedures
- Appointments can be made online through the RAPIDS Appointment Schedule. Please click on the "DEERS/ID Card Appointment System" button above to make appointments.
- Appointments are open 90 days in advance and close when slots are filled.
- Appointments to renew family member ID cards can be made within 90 days of the card’s expiration date. Military ID cards and CACs can be renewed within 90 days of their expiration.
- Monday-Friday - Appointments and Walk-Ins
- Walk-Ins are seen on a first come first serve basis.
- Walk-ins may be stopped at anytime by the supervisor if waiting area capacity is met.
- Active Duty in uniform will have priority over walk-ins.
DD Form 1172-2's may be completed Here. This is a CAC enabled database that allows you to complete the process for ID Card Replacements for your dependents.
- The wait time for walk-ins can be up to 2 hours or longer during peak time and Holiday perods.
- No food or drinks allowed in office area.
Ways to Verify and Update DEERS
• ON-LINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
Visit the DEERS Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)
Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/public/article/2019-04-20-bwe-in-milconnect This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)
• BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)
• BY FAX: Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.
• BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:
Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771
• IN PERSON: To add or remove Family members, visit a local DEERS office. You can search for an office near you by visiting http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/. Call the office first to verify location and business hours. Please click on the icon below to make an appointment for the Fort Belvoir DEERS & ID Cards Facility.
Fort Belvoir Passport ServicesThe Fort Belvoir Passport Services Office offers no-fee passport services to:
- Military personnel in special assignment situations
- Family members traveling overseas on orders with spouse
- Government Civilian Employees who are on TDY or accepting a position to a country which requires a passport
Military Personnel Division
9625 Middleton Road
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Applications are processed by appointment only.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday and Wednesday
8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
By Appointment Only
For more information, visit their page Here.