The top priority of the the Installation Safety Office is to safeguard and protect service members, their families, civilian employees and DoD property, as well as to create the safest workplace and living environment possible. Safety Office professionals advise, audit and assist commanders and managers in executing their safety and occupational health program in order to protect the mission, prevent injury and damage, comply with the law, and limit liability. The safety office also manages the installation Army Traffic Safety Training Program and Motorcycle Safety Training).


To facilitate a safe working and living environment in support of the Fort Belvoir mission.


Advise & assist the Garrison Commander on all safety matters as directed.
PrTo facilitate a safe working & living environment in support of the Fort Belvoir mission.ovide safety support to all personnel on Fort Belvoir
Provide safety training to all personnel on Fort Belvoir
Conduct Safety and Occupational Health [SOH] compliance inspections of garrison facilities and operations and designated tenant organizations
Investigate and report accidents.
Review plans for new construction, renovation, and modification of facilities to engineer-out safety deficiencies.
Maintain required accident/hazard logs

Motorcycle access to the post:
All Service Members who operate a motorcycle and/or scooter are required to present a valid Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) card and their CAC card to Security Guards at the gate when entering the installation. Service Members arriving for motorcycle training should explain this to the Security Guard.
All motorcycle riders are required to wear long pants, long sleeves, full fingered gloves, eye protection, ankle covers.  Retroreflective vest/belt is not a requirement, but it will help "cagers" see you!   



Personnel Accident Reporting Documents

The following forms are available below to report accidents or injuries that occur in the workplace.

FORM CA-1 Federal Employee's Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation

FORM CA-16 Authorization for Examination And/Or Treatment 

Closing Tab


Closing Tab

Construction Contractors

Closing Tab

Resources/Safety Flyers

Safety Flyers

Closing Tab

Army Traffic Safety Training Program


Army Traffic Safety Training Program

Find out what training courses are being offered at Fort Belvoir and self-register online. Click here to view available training courses. Must be on a DOD LAN, using an Army CAC card to view this site. All others, please call us at (703) 806-3447.

Fort Belvoir offers Motorcycle Safety Foundation training for all Service Members that work or reside on Fort Belvoir.  We also offer motorcycle training to DoD Civilians on a standby basis.

Click here for more information about motorcycle training.

Closing Tab

Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT)

Fort Belvoir Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WGBT)

Today's WBGT: 90 (F)
Current as of: 08/27/2021 1100


The Wet Bulb Globe Temperature is a measure of heat stress in direct sunlight which takes into account the temperature, humidity, wind speed, sun angle and cloud cover (solar radiation).

Please view the current WBGT above, and then use the WBGT and associated charts and other information on this page to aid in managing the work/rest cycles and fluid intake of personnel at Fort Belvoir.

WBGT Chart, Heat Category, WBGT Index, Physical Exertion and Flag color.WBGT as a Guide in Regulating Intensity of Physical Exertion in Hot Weather. WBGT Index and Flag Levels.

CAUTION: Hourly fluid intake should not exceed 1.5 quarts. Daily fluid intake should not exceed 12 quarts.

  • The work-rest times and fluid replacement volumes will sustain performance and hydration for at least 4 hours of work in the specified heat category. Fluid needs can vary based on individual differences. (plus or minus .25 quart per hour) and exposure to full sun or full shade (plus or minus .25 quart per hour).
  • NL = No limit to work time per hour.
  • Rest means minimal physical activity (sitting or standing), accomplished in shade if possible.
  • CAUTION: Hourly fluid intake should not exceed 1.5 quarts.
  • If wearing body armor add 5°F to WBGT in humid climates.
  • If wearing NBC clothing (MOPP 4) add 10°F to WBGT.

NOTE: Wearing of body armour or NBC uniform adds approximately 10 points to the measured WBGT index. Exposure limits should be adjusted accordingly.

Closing Tab

Roaring '21's Summer Safety Campaign


Safety Videos Roaring21s

Help us to celebrate the 101 Cautious Days of Summer 2021 by shooting a short video on summer safety.

The best videos will be featured on the Fort Belvoir Facebook page. The 101 Critical Days of Summer is the time from Memorial Day to Labor Day, and this is usually when we have the most accidents, injuries, and deaths.

After the COVID lockdown, we are concerned about the "Roaring '21's Summer".  We want to help folks to remain cautious and COVID-free. Our goal is that each member of our community comes back to us safe and sound after the summer. We work hard and play hard. We also work to keep the employees healthy and safe at work, so they go home each night in the same condition (or better) that they arrived in. An employee or family member that is hurt off-duty affects the on-duty performance of others.

  • Upload your videos via via https://safe.apps.mil and send to this email: usarmy.belvoir.imcom-hq.mbx.safetyiso@mail.mil . A CAC Card is needed to Drop Off a video.
  • If you don't have a CAC card, send an email request to usarmy.belvoir.imcom-hq.mbx.safetyiso@mail.mil and we can send you a "DoDSafe Pickup" upload invite so you can use the safe.apps.mil to upload from your personal computer or phone (no CAC needed).

Videos must be one minute or less, and you can do a series of vids.
Please "Save As" .mp4 on your phone or computer.
Apple users please look up how to convert your .mov or HVEC to an .mp4 . Here are two sites that show you how: - https://mediacommons.psu.edu/2017/03/19/converting-iphone-hevc-video-to-mp4-format/ - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6409009

Several video-sharing websites allow you to export (save as) an .mp4 file, and will include branding or text at the bottom. This is OK, we can fix that.  Thank you for your support and participation!  (703) 806-3447 Fort Belvoir Safety Office