Educate Army and Reserve Component Soldiers about the military retirement system.
Educate Soldiers about their retirement benefits and entitlements, and provide the information needed to make appropriate and timely decisions for themselves and their families.
Council Soldiers, Retired Soldiers, spouses and Surviving Spouses on SBP.
Must register to attend the Pre-Retirement briefings due to limited seating. To register, contact: Retirement Services Office Email or call (703)806-4551.
- January 18
- March 15
- May 17
- July 19
- September 20
- November 15
Helpful Military Retirement websites:
- (Fort Myer) Mass Retirement Ceremony: https://www.mdwhome.mdw.army.mil
- The U.S Army Retirement Planning Guide: https://soldierforlife.army.mil/retirement
- Retirement Pay Calculation: https://myarmybenefits.us.army.mil/benefit-calculators/retirement
- DEERS/Military/Retiree I.D Card appointment: https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil
- Enroll in Tricare: https://www.tricare.mil
- VGLI inquiry: https://www.benefits.va.gov/insurance/vgli.asp
- TAP: www.armytap.army.mil/
- Dept of Veteran Affairs: http://www.va.gov
- BENEFEDS Dental/Vision Ins: https://www.benefeds.com/
- Change of Mission (Retiree Newsletter): https://soldierforlife.army.mil/retirement/change-of-mission
Assist Retiring Soldier and family members with completion of DD-Form 2656 prior to Soldier retirement date.
Process the DD-Form 2656 electronically using applicable personnel system.
Conduct an annual retiree Appreciation Day Event.
For participation in Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall's Mass Retirement Ceremonies, click here.