Housing for junior eNlisted Soldiers and Thier Families
Due to its large housing inventory and based on Army in Europe Regulation 420-1 , all Families at USAG Wiesbaden are required to live in Army Family Housing. Click here for the garrison housing policy.
Hainberg Housing Area is designated for junior enlisted Soldiers and their families. All homes on Hainerberg are walk-up apartments.
What to expect
- When you first arrive, you'll be staying at the Lodge, which is also in this neighborhood.
- You'll visit the neighbohood center where staff will schedule you to tour apartments available in the neighborhood.
- You won't have a private yard, but most apartments have a balcony.
- Your apartment will have built-in closets, 110- and 220-volt outlets, a US-style washer and dryer, a US-sized refrigerator, dishwaser and stove - all provided by DPW.
- Homes have screens on the windows and curtain tracks with clips.
- All residents have storage units in the basement.
- Each family is authorized one designated parking space.
- In general, homes in Germany do not have central air conditioning and floor or table top fans are encouraged. Click here for the IMCOM-E air conditioning policy.
- Homes have radiators for heat in the winter.
- Hainerberg is a secured installation.
- Community picnic areas, playgrounds and a dog park are available for families.
- You'll be near the elementary, middle and high schools - bussing is offered for all students.
- Hainerberg includes the Exchange, Commissary, Army Community Services, the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center, the Taunus Theater, the on-post gas station and much more.
- You'll be a 15-minute walk to downtown Wiesbaden's pedestrian area and the main train station.
- You can ride your bike to work at Clay Kaserne - the majority of the way on city trails.
- A shuttle bus is available to Clay Kaserne and other areas, and the city bus is also a quick ride to Clay and around the city.
Take a 360 tour
Take a 360 tour of a four-bedroom apartment
on Hainerberg to get an idea of what your home
may look like.