Vehicles brought from the U.S., or purchased locally, must be registered with U.S. Army Europe. All shipped vehicles and used vehicles purchased in Germany must pass a safety inspection before they can be registered.
Personnel leaving (ETS or PCS) or individuals who have lost logistical support must turn in their plates to Vehicle Registration (not the MP Station) prior to leaving the Wiesbaden community.
Appointments for Vehicle Registration must be made online. A CAC is not required. Be aware that the appointment system is not accessible via Internet Explorer when using a government computer.
Please note that all appointments from the previous system have been automatically transferred into the new system.
Vehicles & Licenses
Department of Defense ID cardholders in Germany (service members, Family members, assigned civilians and some contractors) are allowed to register their personally-owned vehicles (POV) with the U.S. military. These vehicles are not subject to German taxes or German vehicle registration.
DoD ID card holders are eligible to obtain a USAREUR driver's license. With this license, ID card holders are authorized to drive a USAREUR-plated vehicle or other German-registered vehicles. They are also authorized to purchase a limited amount of gasoline or diesel fuel without paying taxes.
- Agent Owner (with agent memo)
- Convert Temporary Registration to Permanent Registration
- Handicap Parking Permit
- Out Processing
- Permanent Registration Renewal
- Deregister Vehicle Sold to Local National, Donated, etc.
- Register a New Vehicle (Bought on local economy)
- Register a New Vehicle (Newly Purchased)
- Register a Vehicle from another Duty Station within Germany
- Register Vehicle Shipped from the U.S. or other NATO Country
- Registering or Renewing a POV in Non-Operational Status
- Replace Lost or Stolen License Plate
- Replace Lost Paper Registration
- Shipping a Vehicle from Germany
- Transfer or Sell a Vehicle (ID card holder to ID card holder)
- Transfer of a Non-Operational Status Vehicle