Vehicles brought from the U.S., or purchased locally, must be registered with U.S. Army Europe. All shipped vehicles and used vehicles purchased in Germany must pass a safety inspection before they can be registered.
Personnel leaving (ETS or PCS) or individuals who have lost logistical support must turn in their plates to Vehicle Registration (not the MP Station) prior to leaving the Wiesbaden community.
Appointments for Vehicle Registration must be made online. When using the online appointment system, users must be on a CAC-enabled computer, using Internet Explorer, and choose their authentication certificate when prompted. Click here to make an appointment at the Vehicle Registration Office.✪
Vehicles & Licenses
Department of Defense ID cardholders in Germany (service members, Family members, assigned civilians and some contractors) are allowed to register their personally-owned vehicles (POV) with the U.S. military. These vehicles are not subject to German taxes or German vehicle registration.
DoD ID card holders are eligible to obtain a USAREUR driver's license. With this license, ID card holders are authorized to drive a USAREUR-plated vehicle or other German-registered vehicles. They are also authorized to purchase a limited amount of gasoline or diesel fuel without paying taxes.
- Agent Owner (with agent memo)
- Convert Temporary Registration to Permanent Registration
- Permanent Registration Renewal
- Plate Destruction
- Register a New Vehicle (Bought on local economy)
- Register a New Vehicle (Newly Purchased)
- Register Vehicle Shipped from the U.S. or other NATO Country
- Registering or Renewing a POV in Non-Operational Status
- Replace Lost or Stolen License Plate
- Replace Lost Paper Registration
- Shipping a Vehicle from Germany
- Temporary Registration (with 3rd temp memo)
- Transfer or Sell a Vehicle (ID card holder to ID card holder)
- Transfer of a Non-Operational Status Vehicle