The Client Services & Policy Division, OJA USAREUR-AF provides personal client legal services to the USAG Wiesbaden military community in numerous areas, including legal assistance, tax, claims, SVC representation, and in preventive law.
What We Provide:
We provide free, confidential legal services and advice to service members, retirees, DoD/DA Civilians and their family members, as well as limited legal assistance to contractors and their family members (when DOD is contractually obligated to provide support--contractors must have "legal assistance" specifically identified in their contract). We provide legal services in the following area, but not limited to:
- Family Law (Divorce, Custody, Support)
- Consumer Law
- Military Administrative Law
- Immigration Law
- US Tax Advice
- German Legal Issues (Traffic Tickets, Landlord-Tenant Law, NATO-SOFA issues)
- Wills & Powers of Attorney
- Notary Services
- Our Claims Section provides general guidance for Chapter 11 claims, and reviews and processes Chapter 3 and 12 claims.
- Notary Services
- Beware of the Yellow Envelope Garnishment
- Getting Married in Germany
- Getting Married in Denmark
- U.S. & German Divorce
- Voting Overseas
- Legal Residence and Domicile
- Translators and Interpreters
- Which POA is Right for You
- Attorney Referral List (Updated 1 NOV 2022)
All services are by appointment only. All requests for services should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests must include your name, DOD ID number, phone number, and a brief summary of your issue. They will do their best to contact you within two business days to set up an appointment as appropriate. It is extremely important to include your correct telephone number. Appointments requiring consultation with an attorney will most likely be conducted telephonically. Individuals requiring emergency services will be given the proper priority. All individuals entering the office space must first wash their hands at the hand washing stations outside the food court. They are also requiring individuals to bring their own pens to sign any documents.