Family Housing for Senior NCOs and Officers
Due to its large housing inventory and based on Army in Europe Regulation 420-1 , all Families at USAG Wiesbaden are required to live in Army Family Housing. Click here for the garrison housing policy.
The Clay Kaserne Housing Area and Newman Village are designated for senior NCOs, officers and their families. Housing on Clay includes walk-up apartments, and in Newman Village, duplexes and single-family homes. Single and unaccompanied Soldier barracks are also located on Clay Kaserne. Click here for more information on housing for single and unaccompanied Soldier housing.
What to Expect
- When you first arrive, you'll be staying at the Wisbaden Lodge, which is on Hainerberg, about a 10-minute drive from Clay Kaserne.
- Shuttle service is available from the Lodge to Clay.
- You'll visit the Housing Services Office in the Welcome Center on Clay where staff will schedule you to tour homes available in the neighborhood.
- Homes in Newman Village have private yards and garages, while most apartments have balconies.
- Your home will have built-in closets, 110- and 220-volt outlets, a US-style washer and dryer, a US-sized refrigerator, dishwaser and stove - all provided by DPW.
- Duplexes and single-family homes have basements, while the apartment units have storage units in the basement.
- Homes have screens on the windows and curtains tracks with clips.
- Duplexes and single-family homes are equipped with rolladen, outdoor rolling shutters, which can be lowered in the summer to keep rooms cool.
- In general, homes in Germany do not have central air conditioning and floor or table top fans are encouraged. Click here for the IMCOM-E air conditioning policy.
- Homes have radiators for heat in the winter.
- Community picnic areas, playgrounds and a dog park are available for families.
- Students are bussed to school on Hainerberg.
- Clay Kaserne houses many of the units stationed at USAG Wiesbaden, the fitness center, post office, a food court and other restaurants, the library and the dining facility.
- The Exchange, Commissary, Army Community Services, the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center, the Taunus Theater, the on-post gas station and much more are available a short 10-minute drive away.
- It's about a 15-minute drive to downtown Wiesbaden's pedestrian area and the main train station. The No. 28 bus is approximately a 30-minute ride to downtown from Clay.
- Right outside the gates of Clay Kaserne are numerous walking and biking trails.
Take a 360 Tour
Take a 360 tour of a duplex in Newman Village.
To get an idea of what a walk-up apartment on Clay looks like, visit the Hainerberg page to take a tour.
Newman Village FloorPlans
Photo Gallery - Housing
Photo Gallery -
Public Works Resources
- SUBMIT A SERVICE ORDER
- GARRISON TRASH & RECYCLING PAGE
- SELF-HELP STORE
- HOUSING SERVICES OFFICE
- HOUSING HANDBOOK
- News: How to obtain a 2020 Army Housing Survey
- Housing Newsletter December 2020
- Housing Newsletter September 2020
- Housing Newsletter June 2020
- Housing Newsletter March 2020
- Housing Newsletter December 2019
Current News & Community
- LIVING ABROAD - Herald Union special edition, October 2019
- WELCOME TO WIESBADEN - Herald Union special edition, March 2019
- LIVING IN GERMANY - Herald Union special edition, October 2018
- WELCOME TO WIESBADEN - Herald Union special edition, March 2018
- THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE MOVING TO WIESBADEN
- THE WIESBADEN LODGE
- PERSONAL PROPERTY PROCESSING
- RELOCATION READINESS PROGRAM
- TEMPORARY LODGING ALLOWANCE (TLA)
- VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- VEHICLE INSPECTION
- SHUTTLE SCHEDULE