for senior NCOs
Due to its large housing inventory and based on Army in Europe Regulation 420-1 , all Families at USAG Wiesbaden are required to live in Army Family Housing. Click here for the garrison housing policy.
Aukamm Housing Area is designated for senior NCOs, officers and their families. The neighborhood is in the Wiesbaden suburb of Bierstadt and is includes mostly walk-up apartments along with some duplexes and single-family homes.
What to expect
- When you first arrive, you'll be staying at the Lodge, which is on Hainerberg, a five-minute drive from Aukamm.
- Shuttle service is available from the Lodge to Aukamm.
- You'll visit the Aukamm Neighbohood Center where staff will schedule you to tour homes available in the neighborhood.
- The Aukamm neighborhood is located off post in the Wiesbaden community of Bierstadt.
- Some homes in Aukamm have private yards.
- Most apartments have balconies and shared green space.
- Your home will have built-in closets, 110- and 220-volt outlets, a US-style washer and dryer, a US-sized refrigerator, dishwaser and stove - all provided by DPW.
- Duplexes and single-family homes have basements, while the apartment units have storage units in the basements.
- Homes have screens on the windows and curtain tracks with clips.
- You won't have central air conditioning and portable units are only authorized during the hottest weeks without an exception to policy. Click here for the IMCOM-E air conditioning policy.
- Homes have radiators for heat in the winter.
- Community picnic areas, playgrounds and a dog park are available for families.
- Elementary students in Aukamm attend Aukamm Elementary School. All other students are bused to the middle and high school on Hainerberg.
- The Exchange, Commissary, Army Community Services, the Wiesbaden Entertainment Center, the Taunus Theater, the on-post gas station and much more are available a short five-minute drive away.
- It's about a 10-minute drive or 30-minute walk to downtown Wiesbaden's pedestrian area and the main train station.
- You can ride your bike to work at Hainerberg or Clay Kaserne - the majority of the way on city trails.
- A shuttle bus is available to Clay Kaserne and other areas, and the city bus is also a quick ride to Clay and to other areas around the city.
Take a 360 Tour
Take a 360 tour of a duplex on Aukamm. To get an idea of what the walk-up apartments look like, visit the Hainerberg page for a 360 tour.
Photo Gallery - Housing
Photo Gallery -
- THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE MOVING TO WIESBADEN
- The Wiesbaden Lodge
- PERSONAL PROPERTY PROCESSING
- RELOCATION READINESS PROGRAM
- TEMPORARY LODGING ALLOWANCE (TLA)
- HOUSING SERVICES OFFICE
- HOUSING HANDBOOK
- VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- VEHICLE INSPECTION
- SHUTTLE SCHEDULE
News and Information
- Housing Newsletter - December 2019
- Living Abroad - Herald Union special edition, October 2019
- Welcome to Wiesbaden - Herald Union special edition, March 2019
- Living in Germany - Herald Union special edition, October 2018
- Welcome to Wiesbaden - Herald Union special edition, March 2018
- USAG Wiesbaden on Facebook
- Herald Union