The Fort Drum Army Volunteer Corps seeks innovative ideas and processes to improve the quality of life at Fort Drum through the use of volunteer agencies. We offer quality volunteer work experiences in environments where volunteers are appreciated and valued.
Administrative, medical, mentoring, teaching and coaching are a few of the opportunities that are available. Many agencies have flexible schedules and some even reimburse you for child care. You can volunteer for a day, an evening, for a one-time event or for ongoing activities for as long as you desire.
• For the volunteer: Build your resume, contribute to the community, meet new people, share expertise, gain new skills and work experience, and be challenged.
• For the community: Develop new programs, sustain programs, enrich the quality of life for Soldiers and their Families, price and ownership.
• Recognition: Volunteer of the Quarter, Installation Impact awards, national and agency awards.
Complete a volunteer registration packet, which includes Volunteer Agreement DD Form 2793, and if you are under 18, the Parental Permission Form DA Form 5671. Register online at MyArmyOneSource.com.
Each agency offers orientation and training. Training may include first aid, office administration, tax preparation, train the trainer, coaching skills, etc. Volunteers may attend the volunteer manager / supervisor training as well.
The Volunteer Corps coordinator can help you to find an opportunity that matches your interests or talents and assist you with the application process.
• Volunteer Management Information System Basic Training (VMIS 101) – This class covers the use of VMIS, including registration, uploading positions in your organization, and input of monthly volunteer hours.
• Volunteer Administration Training – This class covers volunteer regulations, files, awards and the Volunteer Information Management System (VMIS).
Army Volunteer Corps
Bldg. 11042, Mount Belvedere Boulevard
Fort Drum, N.Y. 13602
7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday through Friday