Civilian employees seek leave donations

The following Appropriated Fund Employees have been accepted in the Leave Recipient Program:

Stanley Atkins, Larry Farrell, Lori Fox, Christopher Huni, Derek Powell, all of Directorate of Public Works; Amanda Baur, Nicole Best, Kerri Crauder, Laura Garramone, Kimberly Hill, Tracey Jones, Elizabeth Keen, Jacquelyn Leslie, Frances Lueders, Dusnee Mathison, Tiffany Mott, Nancy Munoz, Dorothy Sampson, Rebecca Seery, and Colleen Shear, all of MEDDAC; and Tracy Medeiros, Directorate of Resource Management.

Appropriated Fund Employees who wish to donate annual leave should complete an OPM 630A, Request to Donate Annual Leave to Leave Recipient Under the Voluntary Leave Transfer Program, and forward it to the Directorate of Resource Management civilian pay technician for processing.

For more information, call (315) 772-6489.

Gasoline Alley construction work causes traffic pattern change

Fort Drum Public Works officials have announced a new traffic pattern on Gasoline Alley (Ontario Avenue / Oneida Avenue) Phase 2 project is in effect.

Ontario Avenue (eastbound) is closed to traffic from Tigris River Valley Road to Sixth Street.

During this phase of construction, traffic from Ontario Avenue (eastbound) will be shifted to Oneida Avenue to maintain two-way traffic on existing westbound lanes of Gasoline Alley. Access to Fire Station 2 and Hazardous Material Control Center, Bldg. 1680, will be maintained at all times during the construction.

Motorists are encouraged to exercise caution in and around the construction zone and to be aware of construction vehicles entering or exiting the roadway. Please be observant of changing traffic patterns, and follow message boards (if any), posted signs, and flaggers.

The project completion date is Sept. 18. Public Works will issue additional notifications as construction progresses and major traffic patterns change.

Safety Office plans winter driving, snow blower training courses

The Fort Drum Command Safety Office staff will conduct courses in winter driving as well as snow blower operation for Soldiers, family members and Department of the Army civilians in Bldg. 20621, Munns Corner Road, Wheeler-Sack Army Airfield.

The Winter Driving Course will meet from 2 to 3 p.m. Oct. 13 as well as Oct. 27, Nov. 10 and 24, Dec. 1 and 15, Jan. 5 and 19, Feb. 2 and 16, and March 2 and 16. The course also will meet from 5 to 6 p.m. Oct. 27, Nov. 24, Dec. 15, Jan. 19 and Feb. 16.

The Snow Blower Operation Course will meet from 3:15 to 4 p.m. Oct. 13 as well as Oct. 27, Nov. 10 and 24, Dec. 1 and 15, Jan. 5 and 19, Feb. 2 and 16, and March 2 and 16. The course also will meet from 6:15 to 7 p.m. Oct. 27, Nov. 24, Dec. 15, Jan. 19 and Feb. 16.

Note: Unit / organization classes are by appointment only, not to exceed eight students.

For more information or to register for courses, contact the Command Safety Office at (315) 772-3022 or 772-0310.

Jefferson Community College offices reopen for business

WATERTOWN, N.Y. (Aug. 3, 2020) – The majority of Jefferson Community College (JCC) offices are now open for in-person services during regular business hours, Monday through Thursday, and open remotely during regular business hours on Friday. The library is only open to students at this time. The Fitness Center, computer lab in Jules Center, the Courtyard Cafeteria and Campus Child Care will remain closed until further notice.

Visitors to campus are encouraged to call ahead for appointments. Prospective students and current students who need to meet with admissions, financial aid, educational planning and student records staff specifically should call Enrollment Services at (315) 786-2437 or email to schedule an appointment. While walk-in service is permitted, scheduled appointments will help to reduce population density and waiting lines. Virtual appointments will continue to be available and are encouraged.

Face coverings are required when entering offices, classroom spaces and common areas and must always be worn when social distancing is not possible. Guests must complete a health screening form upon arrival at their destination on campus. Campus offices may have slightly differing protocols for in-person meetings.

Campus operations are subject to change due to new information, guidance and/or direction from the department of health, New York State and SUNY.

For more information, including FAQs and contact information to schedule appointments, visit

(Jefferson Community College)

Nash Boulevard Phase 2 work continues

Directorate of Public Works officials have announced that construction work on Nash Boulevard Phase 2 is underway.

While working on the 2300 parking lot and road site restoration part of this project between early July and October, there might be no road closure, or partial closure. The project completion date is Oct. 18.

Motorists are asked to follow any message boards, as well as posted signs and flaggers, and to use caution in and around the construction zone area.

BOSS invites Soldiers to take Hiking Challenge

Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers invites Fort Drum Soldiers to complete five different hikes in upstate New York as part of the BOSS 5 Hiking Challenge. These hikes increase in difficulty from beginner to advanced: Mount Coney, Mount Scarface, Slide Mountain, Whiteface, Mountain and Mount Marcy. Soldiers will receive a patch after they complete all five peaks.

Soldiers can register for the challenge at the BOSS Center. Information: (315) 772-7807.

Anyone can purchase food at Exchange restaurants, Expresses

DALLAS – The Army & Air Force Exchange Service is offering a warm welcome – and a bite to eat – to visitors, Department of Defense contractors and civilians at its restaurants and Express locations.

The Exchange’s more than 1,700 quick-serve restaurants and 330 Expresses worldwide are open for anyone with installation access to pick up grab-and-go fare as long as the items are consumed on the installation.

“Along with serving airmen, Soldiers and their Families, the Exchange is pleased to offer food and refreshments to civilian visitors and workers,” said Air Force Chief Master Sgt. Luis Reyes, Exchange’s senior enlisted adviser. “All are welcome to … grab a quick bite – no need to leave the installation for meals.”

All of the Exchange’s restaurants offer better-for-you menu choices featuring reduced-calorie entrees. The Exchange carries more than 400 BE FIT-approved items, including fresh fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, nuts, bottled water and more. Healthier Choices, Healthier Lifestyle shelf tags easily identify these items at Express locations.

Guidelines on who is authorized to use Exchange operations are prescribed by Army Regulation 215-8 / Air Force Instruction 34-211 (I) and the Armed Services Exchange Regulations, Department of Defense Instruction 1330.21.

Civilian employees have right to representation

Weingarten Notice

Right to Representation During Investigatory Interviews

In accordance with the requirements of 5 USC 7114(a)(3), this is to advise bargaining unit employees that:

An exclusive representative of an appropriate bargaining unit in an agency shall be given the opportunity to be represented at any examination of an employee in the bargaining unit by a representative of the agency in connection with an investigation if (a) the employee reasonably believes that the examination may result in disciplinary action against the employee and (b) the employee requests representation.

Please call the labor relations specialist in the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) or your union at the appropriate number listed below if you have any questions.

  • Labor Relations Specialist: (315) 772-5023
  • AFGE Local 400: (315) 772-3039
  • NAGE Local R2-61: (315) 772-3306
  • IAFF Local F-105: (315) 772-5114
  • NAGE Local R2-63: (617) 376-7208

Report security issues to Fort Drum tip line

Fort Drum’s Directorate of Emergency Services encourages everyone to contribute to community security by reporting suspicious behavior or activities to (315) 774-8477 (TIPS).

Callers to the anonymous tip line should report odd behaviors and activities, such as people measuring or asking for blueprints of important buildings; strangers asking about security protocols; a briefcase, suitcase, backpack or package left behind; vehicles left unattended in front of buildings; and chemical smells or fumes coming from a residence or business. The effort is part of iWatch Army, an antiterrorism program.

AA group meets on post

Alcoholics Anonymous meets from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays in Guthrie Clinic, Patient Care Wing, Patient Service Center conference room. For more information, call (315) 772-0035.

Send us your submissions!

If you have a news item to submit for the news digest, click here.

Fort Drum Reel Time Theater


Closed until further notice.


* * *

For more information,
call (315) 773-0065. 


Fort Drum Dining Facility Schedule

Fort Drum dining facilities are open as follows for take-out only:

Sept. 21-24

* 1st Brigade Combat Team (B/L/D/GNG)
* 2nd Brigade Combat Team (Closed)
* 10th Combat Aviation Brigade (B/L/D/GNG)
* 10th Sustainment Brigade (B/L/D/GNG)

Sept. 25

* 1st Brigade Combat Team (B/L/D/GNG)
* 2nd Brigade Combat Team (Closed)
* 10th Combat Aviation Brigade (B/L/D/GNG)
* 10th Sustainment Brigade (B/L/GNG)

Sept. 26-27

* 1st Brigade Combat Team (B/S)
* 2nd Brigade Combat Team (Closed)
* 10th Combat Aviation Brigade (B/S)
* 10th Sustainment Brigade (Closed)

Meal Hours:

Breakfast - 8 to 9:30 a.m.

Lunch - 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Dinner - 5 to 6 p.m.

Brunch - 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Supper - 5 to 6:30 p.m.