- 120-DAY BRIEFING – Conducted the third Wednesday of every month at 0900 at the Barden Education Center. This briefing is Highly Recommended for all Regular Army Soldiers reaching their Expiration of Term in Service (ETS) and Regular Army Officers resigning their Commission.
- TRANSITION 30-DAY BRIEFING – Soldiers who have received separation orders must be scheduled to attend a Transition briefing 30 days prior to the start of your PTDY or Transitional leave. This requirement is noted on your orders.
At this briefing, you will receive information concerning your required appointments and be informed as to when to pick up your installation clearing papers from us.
Please visit us with your orders and copies of your approved DA-31s in order to be placed on the schedule and receive information about the documents you’ll need to bring with you when you attend the briefing.
- ORDERS – Unit Level S1s are responsible for coordinating with MPD for obtaining orders.
Retirement Services Office
- PRE-RETIREMENT BRIEFING: Due to COVID-19: IN LIEU OF PERSONAL OR GROUP RETIREMENT PLANNING BRIEFINGS, RSOS WILL DIRECT SOLDIERS AND THEIR SPOUSES TO REVIEW THE DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY RETIREMENT PLANNING BRIEFING AT: HTTPS://SOLDIERFORLIFE.ARMY.MIL/RETIREMENT/RETIREMENT-PLANNING AND THE DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY SBP OR RCSBP BRIEFING AT: HTTPS://SOLDIERFORLIFE.ARMY.MIL/RETIREMENT/SURVIVOR-BENEFIT-PLAN.
- RETIREE COUNCIL MEETINGS: The Fort Belvoir Retiree Council is composed of retired military community volunteers from Fort Belvoir and outlying areas. As a member your knowledge and expertise will prove very beneficial to the retirement community. Your task is to provide input to the installation retiree council and be the eyes and ears for the Garrison Commander on any problems affecting the retiree community. In general, the council meets six times per year on the 3rd Thursday of Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, and Dec at 1000, time and place to be determined. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Lott, Retirement Service Officer, (703) 806-4551.
Processing of Soldiers’ 4187s are submitted (through unit level S-1) to the Military Personnel Division – to include actions requiring Human Resources Command approval.