ID CARD EXTENSION POLICY FOR COVID-19:
Effective June 7, the DoD extended temporary Uniformed Services ID (USID) card expiration policy guidance for all USID cards with expiration dates between January 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021 as follows:
- Through August 31, 2021 for all Foreign Affiliates and their dependents;
- Through October 31, 2021 for the Dependents of Active Duty uniformed Service members, and Reserve and National Guard uniformed Service members and their dependents; and
- Through January 31, 2022 for retirees and their dependents, and all other USID card populations.
ID cards that expired prior to January 1, 2020, have not been extended and must be replaced. ID cards with expiration dates after July 31, 2021, must be replaced by their expiration date.
Find your nearest DoD ID card issuing facility and schedule appointments at ID Card Office Online, https://idco.dmdc.osd.mil/idco.
Learn more and find answers to frequently asked questions at DoD Common Access Card > Coronavirus (cac.mil)
The ID Card Center operates primarily on an appointment system. Walk-in customers are seen each morning from 0730-0800. Appointments start at 0800 each morning and have priority.
Per 1ID OpOrder 18-247 of 27Sep18, 1st Inf. Div. Soldiers are seen at their Brigade S-1's. As such, 1st Inf. div Soldiers coming to the Garrison ID Card Facility for service, without approval of the 1st Inf. Div G1, WILL BE referred back to their respective Brigade S1's for service.
To make appointments:
Instructions to request an appointment once you access the RAPIDS ID Card web page:
- Click CONTINUE on the “Site Locator & Appointments” tab.
- Use one of the following ways to find the Fort Riley’s Office:
- In the “Site Name or ID field ” type: 102076
- In the "Show Locations Near" type Fort Riley
- To the right or below the Map you will see:
DEERS/ID Card Facility
FT RILEY, KS 66442
- Click on the "MORE INFO" button
- At the bottom of the page, Click “SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT”.
- This will display a calendar. Information in each date block will indicate “Available Appointments” or not.
- Find the desired date block and click in it.
- Underneath the calendar, a list of time slots are displayed.
- Parallel to the desired appointment time select: “BOOK THIS APPOINTMENT”.
- Fill out the requested information and click “SAVE”.
- This will “Confirm” your appointment, send you an email verification, and the ability to cancel the appointment.
If you are unable to make your appointment online you may call (785) 239-3654 to schedule an appointment.
**The ID Card Center may be closed to the public because of mobilizations and demobilizations, so please call (785) 239-3654 to ensure the office is open.
What to bring to your appointment:
The documents required for the appointment vary based on individual situations and whether the ID card is for a Soldier, spouse or dependent child. Therefore, it is recommended that you call the ID Card Center at (785) 239-3650/3698/3654 to ensure you have the have what you need when you arrive for your appointment.