The ID Card Center operates primarily on an appointment system. Walk-in customers are seen each morning from 0730-0800.  Appointments start at 0800 each morning and have priority.

ID CARD EXTENSION POLICY FOR COVID-19:      Due to the continued spread of COVID-19 the office of the Under Secretary of Defense has instituted temporary extension policy guidance through June 30, 2021.  Uniformed Services ID Cards (retirees, family members, DAV) expiring January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021 may still access benefits.


Per 1ID OpOrder 18-247 of 27Sep18, 1st Inf. Div. Soldiers are seen at their Brigade S-1's. As such, 1st Inf. div Soldiers coming to the Garrison ID Card Facility for service, without approval of the 1st Inf. Div G1, WILL BE referred back to their respective Brigade S1's for service.

To make appointments:

Click Here to access the RAPIDS ID Card Office Online

Instructions to request an appointment once you access the RAPIDS ID Card web page:

  1. Click CONTINUE on the “Site Locator & Appointments” tab.
  2. Use one of the following ways to find the Fort Riley’s Office:
    • In the “Site Name or ID field ” type: 102076
    • In the "Show Locations Near" type Fort Riley
  3. To the right or below the Map you will see:
    Ft. Riley
    DEERS/ID Card Facility
    FT RILEY, KS 66442
    (785) 239-3654
  4. Click on the "MORE INFO" button
  5. At the bottom of the page, Click “SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT”.
  6. This will display a calendar. Information in each date block will indicate “Available Appointments” or not.
  7. Find the desired date block and click in it. 
  8. Underneath the calendar, a list of time slots are displayed.
  9. Parallel to the desired appointment time select: “BOOK THIS APPOINTMENT”.
  10. Fill out the requested information and click “SAVE”.
  11. This will “Confirm” your appointment, send you an email verification, and the ability to cancel the appointment.

If you are unable to make your appointment online you may call (785) 239-3654 to schedule an appointment.

**The ID Card Center may be closed to the public because of mobilizations and demobilizations, so please call (785) 239-3654 to ensure the office is open.

What to bring to your appointment:

The documents required for the appointment vary based on individual situations and whether the ID card is for a Soldier, spouse or dependent child. Therefore,  it is recommended that you call the ID Card Center at (785) 239-3650/3698/3654 to ensure you have the have what you need when you arrive for your appointment.