- Be the eyes, ears, voice and conscience of the 1st Infantry Division Commander across the spectrum of operations.
- Conduct thorough, objective, and impartial inspections, assessments, teaching & training and investigations.
- Assist Leaders, Soldiers, Family members, Retirees, Civilian Employees and the General Public.
- Advise and assist Army leaders in maintaining Army values readiness, and effectiveness in the promotion of well-being, good order, and discipline.
Attempt to resolve issues at the lowest level, using command channels. This does not prohibit making a complaint to the IG first.
Complaints may be filed with a supervisor, commander in your chain of command, within any established grievance channel, or an IG.
- Walk-in: During normal duty hours.
- Contact our office at any time at (785)-239-4444.
- Leave a message and please provide at a minimum, name and telephone number for an assistance officer to contact you. Voicemails are checked multiple times every business day.
- (Note: The IG office will return your call from a restricted/ blocked number; the Assistance Officer will leave a message if the call is not answered as long as a voicemail box is set up)
- Email our IG inbox at email@example.com
- Please download and provide a completed DA Form 1559 (Inspector General Action Request) and attach to your email. CLICK HERE to download the DA Form 1559.
- Please provide at a minimum, name and telephone number for an assistance officer to contact you.