Our Fallen Soldiers have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Their Families deserve our respect, gratitude, and the very best we can provide. If you’re a surviving Family member, Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) offers you access to support, information, and services, closest to where you live, when you need it and for as long as you need it.
Survivor Outreach Services is part of the Army Casualty Continuum of Care. It’s designed to provide long-term support to surviving Families of Fallen Soldiers. Our goal is to reassure Survivors that they remain valued members of the Army Family.
Support Coordinators are the Surviving Families link to finding resources and answers that work best for them. They can assist Survivors to obtain copies of documents, navigate local, state, and federal agencies. They can connect Survivors with local and national support groups and bereavement resources. They also provide information and referral on a wide range of other topics.
For up to date information, remembrances, and events; follow us on Facebook
Information and Contacts
- Army Survivor Outreach Services Website
- ⚠ Gold Star Pins: Everything You Need to Know
- Requests for replacement Gold Star and Next of Kin Lapel Buttons
- The Survivor Link - Newsletter
Below are a few recognized organizations which provide support, assistance, and/or advocacy for Surviving Family Members (this is not an all-inclusive list):
- ⚠ American Gold Star Mothers, Inc.
- ⚠ Gold Star Wives of America, Inc.
- ⚠ Society of Military Widows
- ⚠ Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS)
- ⚠ wear blue: run to remember
- Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS)
- United States Social Security Administration
- National Resource Directory
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military OneSource
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Free Entrance to National Parks for Veterans and Gold Star Families
- Gold Star Family Support at the Hands On Children's Museum of Olympia