Army Community Service (ACS) invites you into a world of education, opportunity and discovery while offering programs and services that promote self-reliance, resilience, and stability during war and peace.
"Real life solutions for successful Army living"
Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
Assists with career planning and exploration, resume writing, federal employment, and interview skills. Classes held weekly. 913-684-2835
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
Supports family members with special needs by providing information, referrals, and personal services. Play groups, Lego Club, and recreational bowling are available to join. 913-684-2871
Family Advocacy Program (FAP)
Focuses on the prevention of domestic violence and child abuse/neglect. Seminars, workshops, and counseling are offered to help improve quality of life. 913-684-2808/2822
- Victim Advocate (VAP) provides initial contact and advocacy for victims involved in abuse. Services include emergency assistance, information, referrals, and support in accessing medical, legal, and behavioral health services. 24/7 Victim Advocate Hotline. 913-684-2537
- New Parent Support Program (NPSP) offers emotional support, parent education, and referrals to expecting parents and parents with children ages 0-3. 913-684-2873/2845
Financial Readiness Program
Education, information, and assistance in consumer issues, financial, planning, family budgeting, and debt management matters. 913-684-2852
- Army Emergency Relief (AER) assists Soldiers and their family members in emergency financial situations in the form of loans and grants.
Information, Referral, & Follow-Up (IR&F)
Information counseling about Army Community Service (ACS) programs, installation and community resources, and follow-up after referrals have been made to appropriate resource. 913-684-2800
Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC)
Licensed professionals who assist Soldiers and family members with non-medical counseling to address short-term concerns and issues of daily life. 913-375-4732/571-497-9321
Supports Soldiers and family members moving to or from another duty station. In-processing and out-processing briefs are held each week. 913-684-2830
- Loan Closet offers kitchen and other household items that can be borrowed for up to 30 days.
- Mobilization and Deployment helps to better prepare Soldiers and families for a pending deployment.
Survivor Outreach Services (SOS)
Supports families of Fallen Soldiers. Reassures survivors they remain valued members of the Army Family by offering counseling, support groups, and events within garrison and surrounding area. 913-684-2821
Volunteers play an integral role in the lives of Soldiers and their Families, and are found throughout the military community. 913-684-2835
- Volunteer Management Information System (VMIS) assists the Army Volunteer Corps in managing these dedicated volunteers and allows volunteers a way to track their hours, awards, trainings, and certificates.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) offers multi-level conversational English classes.