The U.S. Air Force Key Spouse Program is an official Air Force Unit Family Readiness Program designed to enhance readiness, personal/family resiliency, and establish a sense of Air Force Community. Key Spouses are commander-appointed and serve as a vital resource to command teams in an effort to support Air Force Families.
The mission of the Key Spouse Program (KSP) is to provide information and resources to military spouses, supporting families in successfully navigating throughout the military lifecycle.
About the Key Spouse Program
What is a Key Spouse?
What is a Key Spouse?
Key Spouses are volunteer military spouses from within your unit who are trained and appointed by the unit commander.
- They perform a vital communication role between unit leadership and its Families.
- Key Spouses provide support to the Families of military members during times of need.
- Key Spouses assist Families in finding available base & community resources to utilize.
- Every Air Force unit on JBLM has at least one Key Spouse.
What can I expect of my Key Spouse?
- Listen when you need to talk. Be non-judgmental.
- Connect you to community information, volunteer opportunities and referral services.
- Help your Family prepare for separation due to deployment.
- Provide a Peer-to-Peer support system on handling military life experiences. They know what it’s like. They’ve been there.
- Serve as a vital link in exchanging information between unit leadership an your Families.
Become a Key Spouse
Interested in Becoming a Key Spouse?
- See your unit First Sergeant or Commander or call (253) 982-7027.
- Key Spouse Training & Information
Contact your Key Spouse
Below is a collection of tools and references useful to Key Spouses. Click the title of the document to view or download.
Air Force Spouse 101
Air Force Spouse 101 is a guide to help answer your questions and connect you with the people, information, and helping agencies that exist to ensure you and your family successfully navigate your Air Force adventure!
Air Force Aid Society
The Air Force Aid Society supports the Air Force Mission by providing worldwide emergency financial assistance to Airmen and their eligible Family members, sponsoring educational assistance programs, and offering an array of base community enhancement programs that have a positive impact on the welfare of Airmen and their Families.