Household Goods


What’s New?

Effective July 5, 2017, the Fort Belvoir Claims Office will no longer process claims for household goods shipments, POV shipments, and other incident to service losses. Please contact the Center for Personnel Claims Support (CPSC) at Fort Knox, KY at:

Household Goods

Notice of damage and loss must be submitted in DPS or with the transportation service provider (TSP) within 75 days of delivery. 

Moves made under the Defense Personal Property Program (DP3) must be filed through the Defense Personal Property System (DPS). Shipments managed under the DPS should be submitted online at:

Non-DPS shipments must also be submitted directly with the TSP within 9 months of delivery to receive FRV consideration. 

Household Goods Shipments

All household goods shipment claims and other incident to service losses may now be submitted online through the Personnel Claims Army Information Systems (PCLAIMS) Plus at


POV Shipments  

Members should list all transit damages to their POVs upon delivery at the Vehicle Processing Center.  If you discover transit damage shortly after pickup (a few days), report the damage to the Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) and the claims office immediately.   Otherwise, the damage may not be substantiated as transit related. 


Other Incident to Service Losses

If you are unable to resolve your claim for damage or loss with the carrier representative at the VPC, you may file your claim with the Army through PCLAIMS. 

Who may experience an incident to service loss?: Service members and civilian employees of the Department of Defense incident to their military service or employment.   The Personnel Claims Act, as implemented by AR 27-20, governs the settlement of incident to service claims.  

Types of losses: Loss or damage must be due to theft, vandalism, fire, flood, or “other unusual occurrence.”  The Personnel Claims Act is not intended to be a substitute for personal insurance.

Quarters losses: The loss or damage must occur at assigned quarters on a military installation for incidents in the United States. 

POV losses: The loss or damage must occur at place of duty or at assigned quarters on a military installation.

Where and How to File  


To file a claim online for damage or loss resulting from a household goods shipment, POV shipment, or other incident to service loss, go to JAGCNET PCLAIMS Plus at: