Volunteers make a meaningful difference in the lives of Soldiers and their families every day. Army Volunteer Corps (AVC) is designed to help you find local volunteering opportunities with organizations that benefit the Army community.
The AVC has redefined volunteering with a new way of thinking about volunteers and volunteering within the Army. It is an umbrella that encompasses all volunteers and organizations using volunteers. We embrace existing volunteer programs, unite all volunteers who support Soldiers and families, including the Active Force, National Guard and Army Reserve, and formalize the Army’s commitment to volunteerism. No matter where people volunteer in the Army community, they usually want to contribute to Soldiers and their family members. We recognize this common goal and want to help you find the right opportunity for you.
The intent of the AVC is to recognize this commonality of purpose among all Army volunteers and to instill the same pride in being an Army volunteer as they now have for the organization where they provide their service. The establishment of the Army Volunteer Corps connects volunteers and demonstrates the Army's commitment to its volunteers.
Volunteering helps your community and helps you as well. When you participate with AVC, you’ll:
- Gain a sense of satisfaction/achievement by meeting challenges
- Learn about the Army, our sister services, and the community
- Acquire new skills and/or expand old ones
- Obtain work experience
- Build new friendships and become a cohesive part of the community
How do I join the AVC?
- There is no organization to join. You are a member of the AVC when you volunteer for any organization that provides service to Soldiers and families. Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal (MOVSM) is awarded to Soldiers who have volunteered per the installation's required hours. For permanent party Soldiers, 150 hours is required; and military students, i.e. MIOBC, AIT Soldiers, are required to fulfill a 100-hour requirement.
- Please contact the ACS Center for a listing of volunteer opportunities on/off post and for further information.