Please visit Covid information page for up-to-date  appointment scheduling

Our Mission

To ensure enrollment in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), and provide Common Access Cards (CAC) and/or official identification cards to Soldiers, family members, retirees as well as civilian and contract employees working on Fort Meade.  Please be advised that the Fort Meade CAC/ID Card Section is an issuing facility and has no authority to change any record that has already been verified in the RAPIDS system.

When attempting to obtain a Common Access Card, proof of Identity is mandatory

Below is guidance for acceptable identification documents:

  • All documents must be originals, or original court certified copy.
  • All foreign documents must be originals with an Apostille and translated in English. Please contact the department of Foreign Ministry Affairs in the country of issuance or Google "Apostille certification & country" to obtain guidance.
  • All court documentation must be state or county certified stating that it has been filed and recorded in the courthouse.
  • When a Social Security (SS) number is required, you may use a SS Card.
  • Driver's Licenses must have an actual date of expiration.

If you are replacing a lost or stolen CAC, you must present a memorandum from the Military Police (MP), or your Security Manager at the time are seen stating that you have reported the card lost or stolen to them and the date it was reported.

E-4s and below are required to bring a counseling statement signed by their Commander or 1st Sergeant in lieu of the memorandum from the Security Manager.

To view the individual requirements for obtaining a CAC card, please click here.

Ways to Verify and Update DEERS

•  ON-LINE:  You have two options for updating personal information online:

Visit the DEERS Web Site at: and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)

Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at:  This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)

 •  BY PHONE:  Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883)

 •  BY FAX:  Fax address, email address or phone number changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-831-655-8317.

 •  BY MAIL: Mail changes to the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office. You must include supporting documentation if you are updating a Family member’s status:

Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955-6771


To view the individual requirements for enrolling or changing information in DEERS, click here.