School Support Services
- Assist you and your child transition to new school/installation
- Regulation 608-101 requires Soldiers to clear SLO
- Assists families in connecting with SLOs at the sponsor’s gaining unit.
SSS: Students’ Challenges
- Leaving friends and making new friends
- Adjusting and fitting in
- Repeating courses
- Finding their way around
- Credit being accepted for graduation
- Confusion on new schedule
- New School procedure (bus stop, lunch schedule, ID cards)
- Extracurricular offerings
- Have someone to eat lunch with
SSS: Withdrawal Procedures for Sure Start – 12th Grade Students
- Notify school registrar’s office once you have received an estimated departure date.
- Complete withdraw request and provide a copy of the Sponsor’s PCS orders at least 2 weeks prior to departure.
- Ensure student has followed proper withdrawal process of the school to include:
- Return ID/library card. Clear library. Return all books (library and text) and school material calculators, computers, cameras, all electronic equipment etc)
- Clear all charges and fines
- Clear Nurse's and attendance office
- Clear any extracurricular activities (return equipment and clean uniforms to sport coaches and ROTC)
- Clear AAFES Horizon Student Meal Program
- Ensure proper clearing through Child, Youth & School Services - Parent Central Services – Office 42
- Clear School Support Services – Office 43
- Contact the School Liaison Officer when you arrive at new installation
- Enroll your children upon arrival at your new duty stations.