Welcome to Fort Bliss and West Texas!
Your assignment brings you to the corner of Texas, New Mexico, and Old Mexico. From its humble beginnings in 1848 to becoming one of the premier installations in the Department of Defense, Fort Bliss is a multi-faceted, multi-functional installation serving and supporting all branches of the military, as well as other federal agencies.
Fort Bliss is home to a diverse listing of organizations, such as: the 1st Armored Division, the 32d Army Air and Missile Defense Command, the Joint Modernization Command, William Beaumont Army Medical Center, the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy, Joint Task Force North, and the U.S. Army Garrison Command-Fort Bliss.
Fort Bliss Reporting / In-ProcessingAll Soldiers arriving to Fort Bliss, Texas, will in-process through the Fort Bliss Reception Detachment. You can expect to be with the Reception Detachment for five days and complete finance, medical, dental in-processing along with the installation welcome brief.
Uniform: Operational Camouflage Pattern, if signing in Monday through Friday during duty hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Soldiers need the following on arrival/processing:
1. Copy of DA 31 (leave request)
2. Assignment Orders with all amendments, to include DD 1610’s, if applicable
3. Health and Dental records
4. Military Personnel records (as required)
5. Common Access Card
6. Government purchased travel itineraries/invoices and any receipts for any travel costs greater than $75.
*Recommend bringing extra copies of assignment orders and DA 31’s.
ADDITIONAL NOTES:1. All incoming Soldiers will report to the staff duty desk of the Fort Bliss Reception Detachment (Building 1006) located on Carter Street no later than the required report date stated on their assignment instructions. The Fort Bliss Reception Detachment staff duty is manned 24 hours daily.
2. Reception Detachment will not approve Permissive Temporary Duty/House Hunting Leave upon arrival. We recommend you have your departing unit authorize PTDY prior to departure. If a Soldier wishes to take PTDY after their report date, it needs to be requested through their gaining unit. Once a Soldier has signed in, he/she will complete in-processing before signing out on PTDY through their gaining unit. Housing is located at BLDG T-0070 Carter Road (corner of Pleasonton and Carter) and their operating hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. The Housing Office phone number is 915-568-2653 / 2898.
3. If you are arriving to the El Paso International Airport and require transportation to Fort Bliss, Soldiers can call 915-569-5261 to be picked up by the Reception staff duty. Alternatively, Soldiers can pay for a ride share to the installation (charges will be reimbursed when they settle their travel voucher).
UPON ARRIVAL: Soldiers will sign-in and receive a briefing from the Reception Detachment Staff Duty personnel. Soldiers can expect to fill out paperwork, be assigned a barracks room (if required), and receive a 15-minute briefing about in-processing and Fort Bliss.
For all other inquiries concerning in-processing, please contact the Fort Bliss Reception Detachment desk at commercial: 915-569-5261.
For additional information about Fort Bliss, you can download the Digital Garrison Application from your phone's app store or use your phone's camera on the QRC below; once there, choose Fort Bliss as your installation.
Soldier Services Videos