Community Support Center
Bldg. 1520, Freedman Drive
Customer Service: 301-619-2854
Inbound and Outbound Sponsorship
Sponsorship is mandatory via IAW AR 600-8-8 (The Total Army Sponsorship Program). ALL SOLDIERS IN GRADES E1-O6 are required to have a sponsor and will need to complete a DA Form 5434 (Sponsorship Program Counseling and Information Sheet).
HQDA EXORD 161-15. Exception to Policy (ETP): The approval authority for exception to the above requirement is the first General Officer/Senior Executive service equivalent in the soldier's chain of command, with authority to delegate approval authority not lower than a brigade level commander. Soldiers will not be held past their report date pending sponsor assignment.
Start Here: Log into the Army Career Tracker (ACT) website, click on the "Sponsorship" tab and follow the instructions to complete your sponsorship application online. If you are having issues with accessing the DA Form 5434 contact your Unit Sponsorship Team.
What documents to Bring:
- Military Personnel File (MPF) (not required)
- Necessary copies for inprocessing will be made for you at the Reception Desk upon your arrival.
- All copies of your Orders
- Copy of Sponsor and Welcome Letter
- Copy of Initial Enlistment
- Copy of Promotion Orders (if applicable)
- All personal documents including Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificates for Spouse, Children and yourself, EFMP, etc..
- Travel Receipts and weigh voucher for DITY moves.
- Any other documents specified in the special instructions of your orders.
- Any other documents provided to you during the departure of your previous station.