Visitor and Access Information
VCC hours Fort Detrick and Forest Glen are from 6 a.m. - 4 p.m. (0600 - 1600)
Fort Detrick after hours, weekends and holidays vetting can be obtained at the Inspection Station at the Nallin Farm entrance located at 9000 Amber Drive.
Forest Glen: Access can be obtained 24/7 via Police Desk.
Fort Detrick VCC: (301) 619- 0101/0103
Forest Glen Annex VCC: (301) 319-5501
All visitors 18 years of age or older will require vetting via NCIC III, juveniles 16 and 17 will not be vetted but are required to fill out an Access Request Form minus their Social Security Number in order to obtain access to the installation. The 16 and 17-year-old juveniles will need to have an adult sponsor them for access to the installation; they are not permitted access unaccompanied unless they are residents on the Installation. Both the juvenile and adult need to have a valid reason to visit the Installation. Juveniles age 15 and under do not require vetting or pass for access; they will need to be accompanied by an adult with approved access unless they are a resident of the Installation.
Drivers License (has to be real ID), or current Passport. If Drivers License is not in compliance with the real ID Act they must provide a secondary form if ID, i.e. Valid Passport, Social Security Card, Voters registration Card, or Birth Certificate. Visit the Department of Homeland Security's website at https://www.dhs.gov/real-id for more information on REAL ID
Official Visitors: The foreign visit system confirmation module will be used to confirm the proposed official visit to Fort Detrick. A check of NCIC-III and TSDB records will not be conducted for these official visitors at the VCC as they will be cleared by the State Department. They will need to visit the VCC to receive a Visitor’s Pass. For additional information/guidance on official visitors, contact the Fort Detrick Foreign Disclosure Officer.
Unofficial Visitors (Foreign nationals not subject to the provisions of AR 380-10):
1. A valid need to visit Fort Detrick. This requires documentation from the sponsoring unit. We will accept a memorandum from the Unit Commander documenting that the specific visitor has been approved/cleared for access.
2. A valid Passport.
3. A valid VISA (if required for that country).
4. They must pass a NCIC-III check at the VCC.
5. If all of the above items are met, the foreign visitor can be granted "Escorted Access Only." They must be escorted by a Government PIV/CAC Holder or Contractor with a PIV/CAC.
Fort Detrick: Contract, commercial and/or work vehicles must access Fort Detrick via Nallin Farm Gate. Proceed to the Vehicle Search Area (VSA) Bldg. 9100. All contract and commercial vehicle drivers will be vetted at the VSA.
* ALL PERSONS AND VEHICLES ENTERING THE INSTALLATION ARE LIABLE TO SEARCH. PROHIBITED ITEMS INCLUDE WEAPONS-RIFLES, PISTOLS, SHOTGUNS, PELLET GUNS, OR EXPLOSIVES (INCLUDING AMMUNITION, FUSES, AND PRIMERS), AND ILLEGAL DRUGS (INCLUDING MARIJUANA) ARE NOT ALLOWED ON A FEDERAL INSTALLATION.