Mission Statement: Direct and coordinate the operations and training activities for the installation. Provide aviation, education center, mobilization and reserve affairs support, force modernization, emergency operations, and force protection functions for the installation.
Emergency Operations Center
Conduct command and control activities during natural and manmade crisis events to ensure the continuity of Fort Leonard Wood's ability to perform its assigned mission, minimize injury and suffering, and to prevent loss of life and damage to property. Support all forces at required readiness levels and training. Plan, exercise and train the force to secure and defend the installation against outside destructive forces. Prepare for and support natural and/or manmade emergencies.
Force Modernization and Chemical Treaty
To synchronize the planning, programming, receipt, issue and New Equipment Training (NET) for force modernization equipment being received by all TRADOC and FORSCOM units/activities on Fort Leonard Wood, additionally coordinate unit stationing actions/plans. Provide installation oversight for compliance with relevant U.S. engaged treaties, submit annual reports and host international Chemical Weapons Convention inspections.
Plans and Operations
DPTM Operations Division directs and coordinates all Installation level Operations to include Ceremonies, OPORDS and Events. The division is responsible for defining, planning, managing, drafting, updating and publishing operations/functional plans and orders, and related documents dealing with Army and Joint requirements, in support of FLW events. Manages and coordinates mission support projects, taskings, actions, and programs. Leads staff coordination with installation staff, schools, training brigades and directorates to make possible the execution of MSCoE events. Prepares decision papers, staffing papers, information papers and develops briefings to support DPTM operational and mission requirements. Assumes the lead, setting the IPR schedule and directing post-level meetings for planning and setting taskings to implement major installation events such as Special Olympics, Conferences and Staff Assistance Visits.
Training Support Center
The Fort Leonard Wood Training Support Center provides a single source of Training Support Service in accordance with AR 350-38 and AR 350-52 to all units and commands on Fort Leonard Wood and within the assigned Area of Responsibility to enable quality training.
The Training Support Center is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is closed on Holidays and daily for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Operations outside of these hours can be coordinated with the TSO.
We are located in Building 12350, 8/10s of a mile past the Airfield tower in the large tan warehouse on the corner of FLW 1 and FLW 28. To out-process, drive to the rear of the building (South side) and park near the loading docks.
Below is the link to the PEOSTRI Training Support System (TSS)-Enterprise Training Aids, Devices, Simulators, and Simulations (TADSS) offered at the Fort Leonard Wood Training Support Center, as well as the TRADOC Paphlet.
- TRADOC Pamphlet 350-9
- PEOSTRI TADSS Catalog (CAC Enabled)
- The TSC does not have all TADSS listed. Contact the warehouse section to inquire about availability.
IMILES: Tuesday and Thursday at 8 a.m.
Small Arms Simulators: Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m.
IEDES: Tuesday and Thursday at 1 p.m.
LMTS: Wednesday at 8 a.m.
The TSC has the following fixed Virtual/TADSS Simulators to conduct Unit training:
- Engagement Skills Trainer II (EST II)
- Call for Fire Trainer (CFFT)
- Reconfigurable Vehicle Tactical Trainer HMMWV/HEMTT (RVTT)
- Virtual Clearance Training Suite (VCTS)
- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) Egress Assistance Trainer (HEAT)
- Squad Advanced Marksmanship Trainer (SAM-T)
Training Support Center Phone Numbers
Training Support Officer: (573) 596-5379
Operations Support: (573) 596-0234
Warehouse Supervisor: (573) 596-0804
Supply Management Specialist: (573) 596-3608
Supply Technician: (573) 596-4607/5142/4992
Training Supervisor: (573) 596-7630
Training Instructors (TADSS): (573) 596-4604/4606/2105
Exhibits Maker: (573) 596-8030
Maintenance (TADSS): (573) 596-8669/7250/3518
Hunting and Fishing Information
New procedures for all recreational users:
- Register in iSportsman at https://ftleonardwood.isportsman.net/ and then
- Obtain appropriate FREE transitional permits including an Outdoor Recreation Permit through iSportsman.
- Retain valid hard-copy permits for the fall 2017-winter 2018 seasons (obtained at the DFMWR Outdoor Adventure Center). Permit sales through iSportsman are coming soon but not yet available.
- Check-In and Check-Out of Areas through iSportsman (website or telephone). The old electronic (e-mail) system will no longer be used.
- Legibly Display iSportsman Permit Number on vehicle dashboard while recreating.