JBLM TOP LINKS
JBLM STANDARDS BOOK
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord is home to I Corps and the 62nd Airlift Wing.
- Originally known as Camp Lewis, Joint Base Lewis-McChord was founded in 1917 and named after Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
- Created from the consolidation of Fort Lewis and McChord Air Force Base, Joint Base Lewis-McChord began operations in October 2010.
- The installation is home to approximately 40,000 service members and their families. We provide award-winning programs and support services in all areas, from morale and recreation to education and transition assistance.
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord occupies 627 square miles, 142 square miles in Western Washington and 505 square miles at Yakima Training area in the center of the state.
GOOD TO KNOW
JBLM POINTS OF INTEREST MAP
CYBERSECURITY IMPROVEMENTS: Due to an ongoing effort to safeguard service members and families’ personal information Armywide (which includes limiting links to and government use of non-DoD websites), the Directorate of Personnel & Family Readiness is currently unable to accept appointment, class and event registrations online. A list of services and contact numbers is available at the registration websites listed on program flyers. If you are not sure who to contact, please call 253-967-7166 and DPFR staff will be glad to assist you. For JBLM MWR race schedules and registration, visit JBLMraces.com. Thank you for your patience as our public websites undergo cybersecurity improvements.
WEATHER CONDITIONS: Inclement weather with ice and snow may happen any day. This region is subject to freezing fog and black ice any morning. Commuters should always slow down and drive for the conditions. If JBLM road conditions deteriorate, or if there is an early release or late arrival due to bad weather, JBLM will alert service members, family members and civilian employees via this homepage and:
- JBLM Ops Center Road Conditions
- JBLM Ops Center recording. Call 253-967-1733 for updated information.
- JBLM ⚠ Facebook
- JBLM ⚠ Twitter
- News Media: TV - KOMO 4, KING 5, KIRO 7, KCPQ 13. Radio - KIRO News Radio 97.3 FM, KOMO News Radio 97.7 FM
JBLM ALERT SYSTEM: This system brings you urent notifications re: emergencies, road closures, severe weather, utility service interruptions and PSAs from Pierce County and JBLM. It's fast, and it's free. Register up to 10 devices to receive alerts via phone call, text message or email. Once your account is created, you can log in to add or remove devices at any time. Ensure you use the interactive map to pinpoint your work site or other location on America's Joint Base. To access the JBLM Alert System, click ⚠ here.
JBLM GARRISON COMMUNITY UPDATE: Attend the JBLM Garrison Community Update the first Wednesday of every month. The brief takes place at 9:30 a.m. at Nelson Recreation Center on Lewis Main, or at the Club at McChord Field. For more information, call 253-967-9496. Video from the latest update can be viewed ⚠ here.
Feb. 5 - McChord Club
March 4: Nelson Recreation Center
DONSA/FAMILY DAY/HOLIDAY SCHEDULE: The following are the upcoming scheduled dates for Army’s Day of No Scheduled Activity and Air Force’s Family Days and federal holidays on JBLM.
Jan. 17 - Army DONSA
Jan. 20 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Feb. 14 - Army DONSA
Feb. 17 - Presidents Day
⚠ = Link to a nongovernmental site. IMCOM is not responsible for the content of links outside home.army.mil.
Visit our news site on army.mil for the latest installation stories, features and commentaries!