JBLM TOP LINKS
JBLM STANDARDS BOOK
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord is home to I Corps and the 62nd Airlift Wing.
- Originally known as Camp Lewis, Joint Base Lewis-McChord was founded in 1917 and named after Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
- Created from the consolidation of Fort Lewis and McChord Air Force Base, Joint Base Lewis-McChord began operations in October 2010.
- The installation is home to approximately 40,000 service members and their families. We provide award-winning programs and support services in all areas, from morale and recreation to education and transition assistance.
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord occupies 627 square miles, 142 square miles in Western Washington and 505 square miles at Yakima Training area in the center of the state.
GOOD TO KNOW
JBLM POINTS OF INTEREST MAP
LATE-NIGHT TRAINING: Two units are conducting day and nighttime training with 60, 81 and 120 mm mortars and demolitions starting 6 a.m. Saturday, March 16 and continuing through 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 22. For questions/noise complaints, click here.
WEATHER CONDITIONS: Inclement weather with ice and snow may happen any day. If JBLM road conditions deteriorate, or if there is an early release or late arrival due to bad weather, JBLM will alert service members, family members and civilian employees via this homepage and:
- JBLM Ops Center Road Conditions
- JBLM Ops Center recording. Call 253-967-1733 for updated information.
- JBLM Facebook
- JBLM Twitter
- News Media: TV - KOMO 4, KING 5, KIRO 7, KCPQ 13. Radio - KIRO News Radio 97.3 FM, KOMO News Radio 97.7 FM
As a reminder, this region is subject to freezing fog and black ice any morning now-April. Commuters should always slow down and drive for the conditions.
JBLM ALERT SYSTEM: The JBLM Alert System brings you urgent notifications re: emergencies, road closures, severe weather, utility service interruptions and PSAs from Pierce County and JBLM. It's fast, and it's free. Register up to 10 devices to receive alerts via phone, text message or email. Once your account is created, you can log in to add or remove devices at any time. Ensure you use the interactive map to pinpoint your work site or other location on Americas Joint Base.
JBLM GARRISON COMMUNITY UPDATE: Do you know what's happening on JBLM? Attend the JBLM Garrison Community Update the first Wednesday of every month for the latest information. The brief takes place at 9:30 a.m. at Nelson Recreation Center on Lewis Main, or at the Club at McChord Field. For more information, call 253-967-9496. Video from the latest update can be viewed here.
April 3 - McChord Club
May 1 - Nelson Rec
June 5 - McChord Club
July 10 - Nelson Rec
DONSA/FAMILY DAY/HOLIDAY SCHEDULE:
The following are the upcoming scheduled dates for Army’s Day of No Scheduled Activity and Air Force’s Family Days and federal holidays on Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
April 15 - projected DONSA
April 19 - Army DONSA
April 22 - Army DONSA
May 24 - Army DONSA and AF Family Day
May 27 - Memorial Day
Visit our news site on army.mil for the latest installation stories, features and commentaries!