JBLM TOP LINKS
JBLM STANDARDS BOOK
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord is home to I Corps and the 62nd Airlift Wing.
- Originally known as Camp Lewis, Joint Base Lewis-McChord was founded in 1917 and named after Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
- Created from the consolidation of Fort Lewis and McChord Air Force Base, Joint Base Lewis-McChord began operations in October 2010.
- The installation is home to approximately 40,000 service members and their families. We provide award-winning programs and support services in all areas, from morale and recreation to education and transition assistance.
- Joint Base Lewis-McChord occupies 627 square miles, 142 square miles in Western Washington and 505 square miles at Yakima Training area in the center of the state.
GOOD TO KNOW
TRAINING ALERT: Three JBLM units will conduct training with artillery and mortars starting 8 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 22 and continuing to 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 27. The local community can expect to hear increased levels of activity during the daytime and nighttime hours, and it can extend beyond the posted times due to training requirements.
Queries or comments about noise may be directed to the JBLM Public Affairs Office’s External Communication Division hotline: 253-967-0852.
INCLEMENT WEATHER INFO: Inclement weather with ice and snow may happen any day. If JBLM road conditions deteriorate, or if there is an early release or late arrival due to bad weather, JBLM will alert service members, family members and civilian employees via:
- JBLM Ops Center Current Conditions
- JBLM Ops Center recording. Call 253-967-1733 for updated information.
- JBLM Facebook
- News Media: TV - KOMO 4, KING 5, KIRO 7, KCPQ 13. Radio - KIRO News Radio 97.3 FM, KOMO News Radio 97.7 FM
As a reminder, this region is subject to freezing fog and black ice any morning now through April. Commuters should always slow down and drive for the conditions.
JBLM GARRISON COMMUNITY UPDATE: Do you know what's happening on JBLM? Attend the JBLM Garrison Community Update the first Wednesday of every month for the latest information. The brief takes place at 9:30 a.m. at Nelson Recreation Center on Lewis Main, or at The Club at McChord Field. For more information, call 253-967-9496. Slides from the latest update are online here, and the video can be viewed here.
Feb. 6 - McChord Club
March 6 - Nelson Rec
April 3 - McChord Club
May 1 - Nelson Rec
June 5 - McChord Club
July 10 - Nelson Rec
Aug. 7 - McChord Club
Sept. 11 - Nelson Rec
Oct. 2 - McChord Club
Nov. 6 - Nelson Rec
Dec. 4 - McChord Club
DONSA/FAMILY DAY/HOLIDAY SCHEDULE:
The following are the upcoming scheduled dates for Army’s Day of No Scheduled Activity and Air Force’s Family Days and federal holidays on Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
Jan. 18 - Army DONSA
Jan. 21 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Feb. 15 - Army DONSA
Feb. 18 - President's Day