The Mountain Reception Company provides installation and organization integration of personnel, providing world-class customer service and Mountain Tough Soldiers to the 10th Mountain Division (LI) and Fort Drum.
To integrate and assess new 10th Mountain Division Soldiers. The MRC team provides:
- Assessment of Soldiers’ core physical and technical preparation and feedback on individual Soldiers’ potential to commanders.
- Direct assessment from Behavioral Health, financial assistance, and H2F coordinators.
- Orientation to division standards and operating procedures.
- Mentorship, individual counseling and coaching.
- A two-week H2F focused Physical Training. 10th Mountain Soldiers go to their unit with an understanding of how to develop and facilitate PT.
- Annual AR 600-20, AR 350-1 and readiness metrics are all updated.
The in-processing schedule is designed to minimize the waste of Soldiers’ time. Every in-processing Soldier will start immediately pending pre-existing PTDY approved by the losing unit. Week one is a fixed, five-day schedule, followed by week two, which is all appointment-based.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I take Permissive TDY?
Yes, if you do not already have Permissive TDY approved by your losing unit, there will be an opportunity to receive it from your gaining unit. Once you begin in-processing, you will not be able to initiate PTDY until the completion of the division level in-processing.
Where do I go to sign in off of PCS leave?
The Fort Drum Welcome Center is located in Bldg. 4412. You must bring your signed DA 31, COVID vaccination card, and orders bringing you to Fort Drum.
How do I get from the airport to Fort Drum?
You have the option of taking a local taxi from Syracuse International or Watertown International Airport. Additionally, the Mountain Reception Company cadre shuttle Soldiers from the airports when necessary. The phone number for the MRC Shuttle is (315) 772-0423.
Reception Center Front Desk