Fort Drum transitions to Health Protection Condition Bravo
FORT DRUM, N.Y. (Jan. 25, 2022) – Due to the persistence of new cases of COVID-19 in the community, Fort Drum has moved from Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Alpha Plus (Alpha+) to HPCON Bravo. Although the majority of the workforce on Fort Drum is fully vaccinated, reducing the spread of COVID-19 continues to be a high priority in order to protect those who are not eligible for vaccination and/or have compromised immune systems.
Mitigation measures already implemented under HPCON Alpha+ are as follows:
- Leaders and commanders are free to have subordinates telework if there is no degradation of services, especially for at-risk workers;
- Use tele-meetings to increase social distancing in rooms;
- Use hand sanitizer at self-serve in the dining facilities (DFACs);
- Increase frequency of cleaning in gymnasiums;
- Make hand sanitizer available in public places;
- Ensure social distancing in public places, and
- Reduce capacity in public facilities to 50 percent.
Under HPCON Bravo, Fort Drum is implementing additional changes at all food courts and dining facilities to ensure social distancing between patrons when eating in.
(10th Mountain Division Public Affairs Office)