FAQ for retirees

Q. Am I eligible to enter the base?

A. If you live, work or are assigned here then you can enter the base. If you are a friend or relative of a service member here, they will be able to sponsor your guest access.

Retirees and their dependents may access the installation with their valid Retiree Identification Card, just like any CONUS installation.

However, we do ask, after accessing the installation go to building 4034 (directly across the parking lot from Dragon Hill Lodge) to get enrolled in DBIDS 5. This will make multiple entries through our gates much easier.

Ration Control for PX/DECA Access:

Retirees can access the PX (closing Dec. 31, 2019) and the commissary using their Retiree ID Card. However, their dependents must be issued a temporary Ration Card.  For issuance the Retiree must accompany their dependents to building S4034, directly across from the Dragon Hill Lodge parking lot, Monday-Friday 0830-1600 for issuance of a temporary Ration Card. 

NOTE:  Retiree must be enrolled in DBIDS 5 in order to receive a Ration Card.

For more information, please contact Mr. Carl Reed, Retirement Services Officer carl.w.reed.ctr@mail.mil

VeteransThe Department of Veterans Affairs authorized PX, commissary and MWR access to veterans at military installations n the United States effective 1 JAN 2020. However, due to additional security requirements at overseas locations, a veterans health identification card will not grant base access. We will provide more information here as it becomes available.

For more information about the Purple Heart and Disabled Veterans Equal Access Act of 2018 and benefits available at CONUS installations, please visit Military One Source. Click here for a fact sheet.