Household Goods

We process claims that Active Duty Service members, and DA and DoD civilians file against the U.S. Government.

Shipping Claims

Full Replacement Value (FRV) is an important benefit for military service members, DA and DoD civilian employees and families. To receive FRV coverage, a claimant must give the Transportation Service Provider (TSP) notice of loss and damage within 75 days of the delivery, and file a claim directly with the TSP within 9 months of the delivery.

To file a Notice of Loss/Damage and to file your claim, please log-on to .

Please note, if you comply with the notice and filing deadlines you're entitled to FRV for missing or irreparably damaged items. If your goods are reparable, the carrier may elect to repair the item.

Loss or damage that you suffer incident to your service may be payable. To learn if you have a payable claim, call your claims office to discuss your particular circumstances.

Claims personnel can tell you if your claim is payable, and explain your filing requirements. All incident to service losses should be filed directly with your respective Military Services claims office.

Household Goods & Hold Baggage Claims Packet

Shipping your privately owned vehicle (POV)

If you noted damage to your POV at pickup, you may settle with the transportation company, International Auto Logistics (IAL) on the spot, file a claim with IAL directly, or file a claim with the Army claims office. To file with IAL, please visit the IAL website at
If you prefer to file your claim at the Military Claims Office, please review the POV claims guide. Please contact the claims office before obtaining any repair estimates or rental car. You must file your claim within two years of the date you picked up your POV.

Tort claims

Tort claims are made for damage caused by U.S. government negligence. You may obtain the forms to file a claim by visiting the Wiesbaden Claims Office or downloading the Tort Claim Packet. The Military Claims Act applies to claims for damage caused by the negligence of soldiers, DA/DOD/NAF civilians performing official duties. You MUST file a claim within two years of the incident. You are required to avoid unnecessary costs and to mitigate damages. For example, do not get a rental car unless you have discussed the matter with the claims office. Do not dispose of property until you have consulted with the claims office. Items may need to be inspected. If you have private insurance, you may file a claim with your insurer.

Vandalism, Theft, Unusual Claims

You must submit your claim within two years from the date of the incident. If you have private insurance that would cover your loss, you MUST file with them before filing a claim with the government. Contact the Claims Office before renting a replacement vehicle. Do not dispose of damaged items or have an item repaired until you have spoken to the claims office. You have a duty to mitigate damages. Failure to do so may result in reduced compensation. Please see Instructions for Loss in Quarters.

Filing a claim


Fact Sheets

For fact sheets on any of the above items, please contact the Claims Office.