Ready and Resilient (R2) is the Army's strategy for strengthening individual and unit personal readiness and fostering a culture of trust. R2 provides training and resources to the Army Family to enhance resilience and optimize performance. R2 reinforces the Army Values, beliefs and attitudes, and educates members of the Army team about the importance of building connections with each other, taking care of one another, and being there to support fellow Soldiers.
Picatinny Arsenal’s local R2 Program was established in March 2021 for the purpose of strengthening Team Readiness and helping our community members to bolster their personal resilience. We do this primarily through offering educational resources, training opportunities and connecting individuals to free and confidential services. These services include but are not limited to:
CRISIS & EMERGENCY CONTACTS AT PICATINNY:
· Fire, Police, or Medical Emergency: 911
· National Suicidal & Emotional Crisis Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
· Veteran’s Crisis Line: 800-273-8255, then press 1; or text to: 838255
· Picatinny Arsenal Sexual Assault Hotline: (973) 724-3463
· DoD Anonymous Sexual Assault or Harassment Hotline: (877) 995-5247
· Army Emergency Relief Center (AER): (877) 272-7337
· Suicide Prevention (for calls on behalf of another): (800) 273-8255
· Child Abuse Network: (833) 327-7233
· National Child Abuse: (800) 422-4453
· National Domestic/Partner Violence: (800) 799-7233
· National Teen Dating Abuse: (866) 331-9474
NON-EMERGENCY CONTACTS AT PICATINNY (Operating Hours Vary):
· Army Community Service: (973) 724-7247
· Employee Assistance Program: (973) 724-HELP (4357)
· Military Family Advocacy: (973) 724-7247
· Military One Source (career coaching, counseling and more): (800) 342-9647
· Military Survivor Outreach: (973) 724-7247
· Family Housing: 973-724-3506
· Religious Support Office: 973-724-4139
· Office of Equal Employment Opportunity: (973) 724-6368 or (973) 724-6935
· Army Substance Abuse Program: (973) 724-4357
We can also point individuals to the right place for any issue which may potentially degrade personal or team Readiness. The R2 Program is designed for the benefit of all stationed Service Members and their Families, Civilians and Contractors. The Program is not limited to the Army but is available to all Installation Tenant Organizations. You may browse our many services to the right; please check back periodically for updates to our website. Also be on the lookout for upcoming newsletters, training opportunities and more. We are here to connect you to the services and skills for you and your team to stay strong.
Whatever you may be facing, we have a large offering of free and confidential support services available to you. Managers and employees alike are strongly encouraged to be proactive in building personal and team resilience, which contributes to overall Force Readiness. This is an essential ongoing process – so that we not only persevere through new challenges – but even thrive as a community living through unprecedented times. So now is the time to get Informed, get Involved and get Equipped!
Ready Army Website - Learn about Disaster Preparedness – Make a Plan
Questions or Comments? Call us Mon-Fri during 0800-1600 hours:
Ready & Resilient Program Manager: ext. 4-4854.
Army Community Services (ACS) POC: ext. 4-7247.