Soldier for Life-Retirement Services Office (SFL-RSO) provides quality service, guidance and information to Soldiers and their Families transitioning from active duty to retirement. SFL-RSO assists Soldiers and spouses in making a clear and concise Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) election. SFL-RSO also continues to provide service, updates and guidance to all retirees, spouses and their children.
To provide quality control during your retirement process, it is recommended that you contact your unit S-1 for assistance with retirement request submission.
- Retirement Checklist
- Voluntary Retirement Memorandum (LTC) Sample
- Voluntary Retirement Memorandum (COL) Sample
- Enlisted DA 4187 Example
- Off Post Checklist
- Military Ceremony Info Sheet
- Pre-Retirement Briefings are conducted the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m. in bldg. 1384, room B1. NCOs and Officers who are planning to retire within 18 months are encouraged to attend and it is mandatory for NCOs and Officers retiring within 12 months. Valuable information is provided for planning purposes from the Retirement Services Office, Small Business Administration, TRICARE and Education Center. Spouses are encouraged to attend. For information pertaining to this briefing, call (502) 624-4315.
- Although this brief is intended to provide information to the retiring service member coming to Ft. Knox, it does not replace any mandatory in-person counseling, such as Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) and Retired Pay Counseling.
- Online Pre-Retirement Briefing for Remote Soldiers (Please select 'Save')
- Call the Retirement Services Office at (502) 624-4315/4641 to schedule your SBP appointment no later than 60 days prior to your retirement/final out date. If you are married and your spouse is in the local area, they must attend with you. You will need to provide all dependents information (SSN, DOB, date of marriage), direct deposit information and divorce decree (if SBP was awarded to a former spouse). Briefing may be conducted via telephone.
- Unit S1 will conduct briefing and submit paperwork to finance. Finance will complete a leave balance worksheet and return it to the S1. Soldiers will need to turn this leave balance sheet in to Retirement Services to receive the DD Form 214.
- You will have the opportunity to review the DD Form 214 Worksheet in our office during your SBP briefing appointment. You will need to turn in copies of your DD Form 2648 from SFL-TAP and your leave balance sheet from the finance briefing. If there are awards, military education courses or foreign tours NOT on your ERB/ORB, you will want to bring the documents with you so we can add them to your DD Form 214.
- 2020 Fort Knox Pre-Retirement Briefing Dates (suspended until further notice)
- 2021 Retiree Appreciation Days