For newcomer informtion click here.
Commander's Priorities and Intent
- Create a safe and positive environment to succeed – SHARP
- Foster academic success and reduce attrition
- Balance academic and military training requirements
- Enforce standards and discipline
- Ensure Soldiers are physically, mentally, and spiritually/emotionally fit
- Develop agile and adaptive leaders
Enduring Key Tasks:
- 24/7 leadership
- Have competence, commitment, and character
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Take care of each other, our families, and the community
- Work as a team
End State: The 229th Military Intelligence Battalion partners effectively with the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center to achieve and maintain a 2/2/1+ production rate of 75% or greater and an attrition rate of less than 17%, and with 30% or greater of students completing DLIFLC achieving ILR 2+/2+/2. Soldiers and Family members experience a positive and safe environment for success. The battalion fosters a positive Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention (SHARP) and Equal Opportunity (EO) climate, conducive to the development of ready and resilient Soldiers and their Families.