PLEASE NOTE: We are closed to in person consultation. For general inquiries, to make an appointment or to speak to a paralegal please call 502-509-6747. For urgent matters after duty hours or to speak with the Senior Defense Counsel call 502-298-8377.
The Fort Knox Field Office is a subordinate operating element of the Mississippi Valley Region of the U.S. Army Trial Defense Service (USATDS), U.S. Army Legal Services Agency (USALSA), Fort Belvoir, VA, a field operating agency of The Judge Advocate General (TJAG). All USATDS counsel are assigned to USALSA with duty at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Counsel have an independent rating chain through USATDS. The mission of the Fort Knox Field Office is to provide specified defense counsel services for Army personnel assigned to Fort Knox and those Soldiers within the geographical area of responsibility of this field office.
USATDS counsel provide counseling/representation in the following situations:
- General Court-Martial Representation
- Summary Court-Martial counseling
- Special Court-Martial Representation
- Article 32, UCMJ, representation
- Pretrial confinee magistrate hearings
- Formal Article 15, UCMJ, counseling
- Administrative separation counseling
- Representation at administrative elimination boards
- Representation at reduction boards under Ch 10, AR 600-8-19
- Counseling Soldiers suspects on military jurisdiction crime matters
- Representation of inmates at disciplinary and adjustment boards
- Representation of inmates at sentence vacation hearings
We advise Article 15 and Chapter clients on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 - 11:30 a.m. We advise Chapter clients on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1 - 4 p.m. If we have a week when the office is closed on Tuesday or Thursday due to court-martial or other issue, we will take appointments on an alternate day that week (TBD).
Counseling is provided by appointment only. Please call for an appointment.