Konnichiwa! Soldiers PCSing to Japan will need to use the Army Career Tracker's Total Army Sponsorship Program to initiate the DA Form 5434 (Sponsorship Program Counseling and Information Sheet) and request a sponsor. Sponsorship is required in order to process permanent change of station orders to Japan.  Department of the Army civilians can fill out the PDF version of DA Form 5434 and email it to their gaining organization or supervisor to request a sponsor.

Logo_TASP.pngThe Total Army Sponsorship Program, or TASP, mission is to help Soldiers, civilian employees and their families better integrate into the U.S. Army, and to assist them when they transition to different units. Sponsorship applies to all active component Soldiers in ranks E-1 through O-6, according to TASP Regulation, Army Regulation 600-8-8.

TASP ensures incoming Soldiers are assigned sponsors prior to reporting to their next duty station. Obtaining a sponsor reduces the stress of reporting to a new unit, enhances resiliency and improves readiness among Soldiers and family members. Did you know you can request a youth sponsor for your child(ren)? Check out the School Support Services webpage for more information.

The Relocation Readiness Program is another tremendous asset to you and your family during your move to Japan. They offer many great services, to include relocation counseling, customized welcome packets, as well as providing monthly cultural awareness classes, the weekly Newcomer's Community Readiness Expo, sponsorship training, and a Lending Closet where you can borrow kitchen kits during your inbound or outbound move.

You can contact your local Relocation Readiness Program office to receive Japan-specific information and resources by emailing usarmy.zama.imcom-pacific.mbx.usagj-mpd-sponsorship@mail.mil or calling (315) 263-5736.