- It is our mission to provide quality support to all Military Personnel, Dependents, DoD Civilian Employees, Contractors, Retired Military and Retired Civilian Employees.
- Our services include the issuance of Identification Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services and update DEERS records.
- Appointments and walk-ins are available weekdays.
- Appointments have priority. Make an appointment at: VICENZA ID CARD SECTION; CAMP DARBY ID CARD SECTION
- Bring Required Documentation: Customers 18 and older require two unexpired forms of ID. All documents MUST be original or certified and in ENGLISH.
LOST AND STOLEN ID CARDS
All lost or stolen ID cards must be reported to the MP station on Caserma Ederle Building 4B. The MP report and two forms of identification are required for replacement.
ADDING SPOUSE OR CHILD TO DEERS
Documentation required for ID Card issuance
CAC: Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES
- Promotion orders, E4 or above (if rank change)
- Two valid forms of ID (click link below)
- Enterprise email address if Department of Army
- Contractors must be verified by DOCPERS
Geneva Convention CAC:
- Contractor – must have a SPOT LOA (Letter of Authorization) with the proper boxes checked.
- Civilian – Copy of Orders generated and completed through the DTS, or a completed DD Form 1610.
Retired Military: DD Form 214 or retirement orders and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Individual Ready Reserve (IRR): DD Form 214 and two valid forms of ID (click link below)
Dependent ID: **Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. However, this facility does accept power of attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility within the last 90 days.
- Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65.
- Un-remarried Widow – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65)
- Former Spouse – Two valid forms of ID (click link below) (Medicare Card if turning age 65).
- Dependent under age 18 - No ID necessary
- Dependent over age 21 – (Student) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Letter from school registrar office stating full time enrollment (Verification from Clearing House is also acceptable), and the expected graduation date at accredited college.
- Dependent over age 21 – (Incapacitated Child) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Current Dependency Determination* Medical Sufficiency Letter
- Other Dependent – (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Two valid forms of ID (click link below), Current Dependency Determination.
*(Dependency Determination must be completed every four years or status change)
DAV (initial issuance): Two valid forms of ID (click link below), letter from VA stating member is 100%
Disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214.
Valid forms of ID include: unexpired passport, permanent resident card, drivers license or ID issued by U.S. state office, U.S. social security card, birth certificate, Carta di Idenitia, or Patente di Guida.
Ways to update or verify DEERS information
• ON-LINE: You have two options for updating personal information online:
Visit the DEERS Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/address and follow the steps to update your address, email address, and phone numbers on line. (MUST have CAC or DFAS PIN)
Via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment Web Site at: https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/bwe/indexAction.do This site is linked directly to the DEERS database, so when you update your information via this portal, it not only updates DEERS, but also with your regional contractor. (MUST have a CAC or DFAS PIN)
• BY PHONE: Call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552 to update your addresses, email address, and phone number. (TTY/TDD for the deaf: 1-866-363-2883). Note: Remember time difference. Office is on eastern standard time.
Requirements for DEERS enrollment
Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and Social Security Card
Former Spouse – Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, complete set of DD Form 214’s or statement of service, and two valid forms of ID
Dependent Child – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Newborn Child – Newborns can be entered into DEERS within the first 90 days. Sponsor must present a Certificate of live birth authenticated by the attending physician or other responsible person from a U.S. hospital or medical treatment facility.
Dependent Stepchild – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Marriage Certificate
Illegitimate child of Male Sponsor – Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, court documentation showing paternity was judicially determined or appropriate documentation of the state with jurisdiction (where mother and child currently reside)
Adopted Child – Final Adoption Decree, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card
Ward – Court documentation naming sponsor guardian for minimum of 12 consecutive months, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
Dependent Child over age 21 (Student) – Letter from School Registrar Office
Dependent Child over age 21 (Incapacitated) – Current Dependency Determination, Medical Sufficiency Statement
Other Dependent (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) – Current Dependency Determination, sponsor’s or spouse’s birth certificate reflecting parent’s name, and social security card
DAV – Photo ID, Birth Certificate, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD Form 214
Retired Military – Photo ID, Retirement orders or DD Form 214 (Reserve Retired – bring Retiree Letter)
IRR – Photo ID, DD Form 214
If you have any questions or are unsure of any of the requirements listed above please call DSN: 637-7132/7133 or Civ: 0444-61-7132/7133.
NOTE: To be eligible, you must go through DFAS for letter of eligibility (required to be issued an ID card).
To be considered sufficiently dependent upon the Sponsor, the claimed dependent’s qualifying income must be less than 50% of his/her expenses and the member's contribution must exceed 50% of the dependent's expenses. This can include:
• Parent, parent-in-law, step-parent, parent by adoption, or any person who stood in loco parentis to the member for at least five years prior to the member's emancipation.
• Ward of a court who is unmarried and placed in legal and physical custody of the member for a period of at least 12 consecutive months.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What Does DEERS Stand For?
Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System, it is the personnel data repository of identity and enrollment and verification data and associated contact information on members of the DoD Components, members of the uniformed services, and other personnel, as designated by the DoD and their eligible dependents and associated contact information.
What is a DD Form 1172 and What is its Purpose?
The DD Form 1172 is an application for uniformed services identification card/DEERS Enrollment. It is used for the application of military ID cards for military dependents.
How old does my child have to be to receive an ID Card?
10 years old unless you’re dual Military or Single Soldier
What documentation is needed to add, remove or make changes in DEERS?
LEGITIMATE CHILD (NEWBORNS)
LEGITIMATE CHILD (FULL-TIME STUDENTS OVER 21 AND NOT YET 23)
Once the DD For 1172 is signed, how long is it good for?
Up to 90 days from the day of the Sponsor’s signature.
I lost my ID Card. What do I do?
Must be reported to the MP station and receive a Lost/Stolen report, this document must be scanned into DEERS.