The Housing Division is composed of three offices:
- Housing Services Office (HSO)
- Unaccompanied Housing
- Traditional Housing
HOUSING SERVICES OFFICE
Approximately 40 percent of command-sponsored Military Families at USAG Humphreys reside on-post. There are many options for personnel living off-post, including family friendly neighborhoods, lake houses, and gated communities. The Housing Services Office is located in LTG Timothy J. Maude Hall (Bldg. 6400) on the 3rd Floor and is your point of contact for all housing related matters.
- Military Family Housing (Offer, assignment, and termination)
- Off-Base Housing (Safety inspection, Lease review and OHA/LQA preparation)
- Unaccompanied Housing (Geo/Bonafide Bachelor Officers and Enlisted)
- Furnishings Management (Loaner furniture and Full Tour Furniture Support for Service Members)
- Facilities Branch (Housing Inspections, Resident Compliance, M&R Projects and Maintenance Issues)
Incoming accompanied service members (all ranks) are required to reside in government on-post housing and will need to submit orders, pinpoint orders (if applicable), DD Form 1746 (Application for Assignment to Housing), DA Form 31 (Request and Authority for Leave) or installation clearance paperwork via email to the following email:
Military families who arrive to USAG Humphreys and reside on post, will live in a modern Army community with all of the comforts of home. From spacious and inviting accommodations, to an underground heated garage, large outside playground for children, and a barbeque pit to host cookouts with your friends, you will thoroughly enjoy your stay here.
All incoming personnel will be advised on the availability of on-post housing and whether they will be authorized to reside off-post. If authorized, they will be provided the virtual briefing slides and additional pertinent information to residing in the private sector.
USAG Humphreys has a wide variety of off-post housing options to choose from that are within a short driving distance from the installation. Individuals relocating from another installation in Korea should contact their local housing office as soon as they receive notice of their unit’s relocation to find out more about how to transition from one off-post living location to another.
Personnel authorized to reside off-post will be provided the USAG Humphreys Registered Realtor List to secure housing. Lease processing and authorization of housing allowances are processed at Housing Services Office. To obtain contact information for registered realtors in your area, please visit the Housing Services Office.
Unaccompanied service members (E7 and above) are assigned to studio-type apartments with separate bedroom and living room with a full kitchen. Some buildings, depending on year constructed, include a large day room and shared kitchen on each floor while others have private kitchens within each unit. Soldiers will be housed within their unit's footprint.
REMINDER: Unaccompanied Military Personnel ARE NOT authorized to bring pets.
IN-PROCESSING (WHAT TO EXPECT)
Soldiers with families at USAG Humphreys can expect to stay in Army Lodging until they relocate to permanent housing. Soldiers on an unaccompanied tour can expect to transition to senior living quarters (SLQ) or off-post housing, if authorized, after completing in-processing. During in-processing Soldiers and Families will receive a briefing from the Housing Services Office on the availability of houses on-post based on the following guidance:
- UNACCOMPANIED TOUR | Ranks E7 and above ranks mandatorily assigned to Senior Leader Quarters (SLQs) if occupancy rate is BELOW 95%. The Housing Office will provide off-post guidance/process if the occupancy rate is over 95%.
- ACCOMPANIED (COMMAND-SPONSORED) | Command-Sponsored Personnel (CSP) are typically assigned to Army Family Housing (AFH) if occupancy rate is below 95%. However, AFH has consistently been over 95% and current incoming CSP may be residing off-post. Exceptions will be CSP Key Billet (KB) and Key Essential (KE) service members as these positions are required to be on-post due to mission essential requirements.
- HOUSING AVAILABILITY | If housing is not available on-post you will receive guidance from the Housing Services Office and the approved list of realtors to assist you in finding a home that will fit your needs.
- FURNITURE | If command-sponsored, Housing has almost everything you need for your apartment. You can bring your own furniture, but keep in mind that the apartments are not “American-sized” and there may not be storage rooms for excess house-hold goods (HHG).
HOUSING ASSIGNMENT BRIEF
The Housing Assignment Brief is held every Tuesday, 11 a.m. at the 19th HRC Auditorium on the 2nd floor of LTG Timothy J. Maude Hall (Bldg. 6400). This brief applies to all Service Members, both accompanied or unaccompanied, and DA Civilians. Families are welcome to attend.
For more information, go to Army Housing Online User Services (CAC required) and select "Humphreys" in the "Select your Installation" drop-down menu.
MORE INFORMATION/USEFUL LINKS
- DOWNLOAD | Housing Information Sheet (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | Tenant Bill of Rights (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | 24 Hour Maintenance Service - Contractor (.jpg)
- DOWNLOAD | Housing Hotline - Life, Health and Safety (.pdf)
- DOWNLOAD | ArMA (Army Maintenance Application) Quick Reference Guide (.pdf)
- EXTERNAL LINK | Army Housing Online User Services